Teamspeak Plugin Reload Crash (New Possible Method)??

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
I was messing around with the teamspeak when I noticed that whenever I went to settings > plugins, and hit the "reload all" button 3 times, my teamspeak crashes with the message "teamspeak 3 client has stopped working". Just wondering if anyone knows about this and if there is any potential to what we can do with this (maybe a crash exploit)?

I uploaded two versions of the error messages that I receive when I replicate the crash.
Crash 2.png Crash 1.png

Phyx

Oct 21, 2015
Thanks for sharing this, I will replicate this when I get home. I think this is probably TeamSpeak attempting to load/unload plugins too quickly. This is likely due to bad error catching. ;)

I do not think a remote exploit will be possible with this, but it is worth looking into. Thank you for posting this.

This may even be due to one of the custom plugins you have installed. I would recommend trying this with a clean TeamSpeak 3 installation. I can not do that right now, I will when I get home.

JayJax

Apr 28, 2015
There is a broken plugin within the plugins folder of teamspeak.
its not a exploit just a faulty .dll aka broken plugin.

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
Alright thanks for your answers. As Phyx said, I will try again with the stock teamspeak plugins to see if that fixes it. I will update shortly :)

Update: Yeah I think there was an incompatible plugin that took longer than usual to load, causing the crash.

Last edited: