They are attacking my server

May 31, 2015
if your server is linux
use csf firewall
----------
about your last post > we shouldn't attack to ovh servers . we blacklisted their IPs in our botnet :)

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
May 31, 2015
Yeah there are some rules. By example, limiting the packet size for the UDP connections to port 9987.
But an attacker that really knows what he's doing will simply bypass this.

Can you elaborate?
i say there is a rule that we preventing to attack to ovh. it dosent mean we cant.
we are not like some newbei that wanna attack to any where :)

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Yeah. we know that we need a device in front of the hosting machine, but nobody made a suggestion so far. The only things everybody is writing that "You need a Hardware Firewal" "You need to secure your network" "you need to get a ddos protection" "you have to configuresomething/everything" but i never red any advice which goes deeper than this sentences and could help me so far.

So please tell us what Hardware or configuration (or both of them) do we need to get rid of ddos attacks or reduce/survive them.
I'm also looking for a Hardware Firewall right now but with any support i think that i will end up by just buying a 700€ Hardware and dont know if it does what i want or need in the end.

I hope this wasnt to offense but thats what i'm thinking about.
User @why-am-i-even-here posted a very good thread regarding the above!

You just need to check

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
i say there is a rule that we preventing to attack to ovh. it dosent mean we cant.
we are not like some newbei that wanna attack to any where :)
You won't bring down a teamspeak with "OVH anti-ddos game" protection even if you wanted to. However, normal OVH protection can be accomplished easily.

User @why-am-i-even-here posted a very good thread regarding the above!
You just need to check
I totally agree, however what is mentionned is way more complicated than simply entering credit card info for a host than can offers DDoS protection for a TS server lol.