They are attacking my server

RaidonX

Jan 15, 2016
Hello guys.
(My English is horrible = /)
Some wastes are attacking my teamspeak server, and it is only falling.
I wonder if there is some way to block these attacks.
I do not know what to do.
Thanks in advance :)

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Hello guys.
(My English is horrible = /)
Some wastes are attacking my teamspeak server, and it is only falling.
I wonder if there is some way to block these attacks.
I do not know what to do.
Thanks in advance :)
'Falling'?

What TeamSpeak server are you on?

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Send me a private message and I will help you with that. Please include your hoster and a tcpdump if you are able to do that.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Well, stop crying first of all as it happens to the best of us. You need a decent host and some guts and brain to run a stable TS these days...

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
You might do all the tweaking you want, do some port blocking, run around and try all kind of things. You will loose your time. If you are a target of DDoS attacks, the only way to stop it is with a DDoS protection. If you don't want to pay for an OVH dedicated anti-ddos game protection (that is the best for teamspeak in my opinion), I've seen cheaper alternatives like GRE tunnels through voxility ddos protected vps or blazingfast.io vps if you are in europe.

cROWN

Sep 25, 2015
You might do all the tweaking you want, do some port blocking, run around and try all kind of things. You will loose your time. If you are a target of DDoS attacks, the only way to stop it is with a DDoS protection. If you don't want to pay for an OVH dedicated anti-ddos game protection (that is the best for teamspeak in my opinion), I've seen cheaper alternatives like GRE tunnels through voxility ddos protected vps or blazingfast.io vps if you are in europe.
How to get Voxility DDOS Protection or a VPS which is using the Voxility DDOS Protection?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
There are not a lot of hosts that offers it, but check on google

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
An iptables firewall is mostly useless for attacks that just saturate your link. You need a device before your machine to help with that.

Last edited:

IMBACalimba

Feb 9, 2016
Yeah. we know that we need a device in front of the hosting machine, but nobody made a suggestion so far. The only things everybody is writing that "You need a Hardware Firewal" "You need to secure your network" "you need to get a ddos protection" "you have to configuresomething/everything" but i never red any advice which goes deeper than this sentences and could help me so far.

So please tell us what Hardware or configuration (or both of them) do we need to get rid of ddos attacks or reduce/survive them.
I'm also looking for a Hardware Firewall right now but with any support i think that i will end up by just buying a 700€ Hardware and dont know if it does what i want or need in the end.

I hope this wasnt to offense but thats what i'm thinking about.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Yeah. we know that we need a device in front of the hosting machine, but nobody made a suggestion so far. The only things everybody is writing that "You need a Hardware Firewal" "You need to secure your network" "you need to get a ddos protection" "you have to configuresomething/everything" but i never red any advice which goes deeper than this sentences and could help me so far.

So please tell us what Hardware or configuration (or both of them) do we need to get rid of ddos attacks or reduce/survive them.
I'm also looking for a Hardware Firewall right now but with any support i think that i will end up by just buying a 700€ Hardware and dont know if it does what i want or need in the end.

I hope this wasnt to offense but thats what i'm thinking about.
There's nothing more to add lol, it goes beyong adding an hardware firewall and expecting for it to work out of the box. There are so many ddosing methods out there.

I personally let the ddos protection management for layer3/4 to the pros.

For the application layer (7), there is some tweaking you can do but this won't apply for teamspeak.

EDIT: The best DDoS protection I've seen so far on the market for teamspeak are OVH anti-ddos GAME protection that comes with their GAME servers and blazingfast.io, For blazingfast.io their permanent protection settings is not optimal and you will almost always be at 10-15% packetloss and if you are from North America you will have 130 ping...

You can also check for a GRE tunnel from a DDoS protected host to your server.

Last edited: