Fastpipe.io Cloud SSD [combahton]

skill1917

Sep 14, 2015
I have used KMS host back then quite extensibly for teamspeak and other stuff. I was very happy with the service. There was only one mishap by the support once but that was compensated for properly. Other than that the uptime was absolutely solid with only few scheduled maintenances. As for the anti ddos solution, there are better people to ask than me.

null3d

Oct 9, 2015
I have used KMS host back then quite extensibly for teamspeak and other stuff. I was very happy with the service. There was only one mishap by the support once but that was compensated for properly. Other than that the uptime was absolutely solid with only few scheduled maintenances. As for the anti ddos solution, there are better people to ask than me.
When it comes to the protection, I tested combahton when I was with deinserverhost.de and the protection was "okay"

When you are experiencing a proper attack, the protection is useless. Up to 3 gbp/s it was quite okay, although the latency increased by 200ms

The most unique DDoS protection I have ever seen was on vpsrv.com and their servers. They use OVH but also do their own software firewall and configuration, which even held back an attack of 98 gbp/s without the latency increasing by more than 10 ms

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Hi Joseph from fastpipe.io here - glad to clarify what we really use for our SSD Cloud Servers :cool:

Our SSD Nodes consist of HP WS460c Gen8 / BL460c Gen8 and BL460c Gen9. CPUs are E5v2, E5v3, E5v4 - SSDs are mostly from Sandisk, Samsung or Crucial (two different vendors per Node).

Ram is overall 12x 16GB or 16x 16GB DDR3/DDR4 ECC - we do buy them in packages of nearly hundred sticks per delivery. Connectivity is done with HP Flex-10 modules by 2x 10Gbit per physical node, each bladecenter has at least 2x 10Gbit to our routers.

The following is a recent photo from one of our bladecenters in Frankfurt, at our FFM2 site:

62478840_26265940006992k9z.jpg

As you can see, two ssd drives per server, no old server hardware from 2009 or so. It wouldnt even make sense to operate such old hardware, as we would pay nearly the triple for power usage as for the hardware shown on the picture. We do around 3,6kW power draw per full loaded bladecenter. I remember the time quite well, when we did the same with eight servers. Nowadays it's not longer reasonable to operate servers which draw 400-500W load for a fraction of the processing power of newer ones.

Our physical nodes are monitored closely via both Icinga2 and Grafana. We dont do overselling and let at least ~15-25% of spare ressources available on every node. To do so, our automated deployment choses a node depending on how much cpu, memory and storage resources it has. This happens once you have added money to your customer account and your server is provisioned. The below image represents the recent load from one of our nodes (20 E5 Cores - Dual CPU, 192GB Ram, 2x 2TB SSD - Hardware Raid 1 with 1GB Cache + BBU):

View attachment 2072

Nearly 80% overall load, no IOWait and much available sparse ressources :)

If you have experienced a bad performance, it can be related to a running backup which is done overnight. We do use snapshot based backups, which do copy-on-write. Means your server does not need to be shutdown and it's data is "replicated" on our backup infrastructure in real-time. You can simply turn off backups in our customer area and do them on your own.

i love when the provider come to my thread and say about his company.

i would like to express my satisfaction that the server is running fine and my users are happy they say its lag free some time there is CPU spike 100% after 20 minutes its down to 17% i am not sure why may be if you can have a look to my server i am using.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

When it comes to the protection, I tested combahton when I was with deinserverhost.de and the protection was "okay"

When you are experiencing a proper attack, the protection is useless. Up to 3 gbp/s it was quite okay, although the latency increased by 200ms

The most unique DDoS protection I have ever seen was on vpsrv.com and their servers. They use OVH but also do their own software firewall and configuration, which even held back an attack of 98 gbp/s without the latency increasing by more than 10 ms

try fastpipe and i am sure nothing can be bypassed :)

Last edited:

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Easilly bypassed ;)

Note: Layer 7 filter was not activated on port 80 otherwise its not easy to ddos . But as a side effect my game server ports becomes unresponsive i guess they are working on a solution to it.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

If I'll be in search for new provider, maybe I'll buy dedicated from them to give them a try

before buy a dedicated server make sure you give a test on a small cloud server and then buy it

Last edited: