It was useful?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters
Nov 7, 2015
It would be nice to know how to do more than 6 instances lol

You'd need to start a second bot. Which is not possible without some further trickery.
One way of starting more than one bot on a system is to make the bot believe it is running in an isolated environment. There are various techniques to achieve this effect with varying degrees of efficiency and elegance.

One of the more trivial (if not primitive) and inherently inefficient approaches is starting each and every bot in it's own VM.
Of course there's a way more efficient (and dramatically simpler) remedy to this problem, which even takes the burden of installing and configuring the bot off of you, as someone else (*hint* *hint*) already did the work. Of course I won't disclose this solution, as I don't want to harm Michael's well deserved profits for his solid work.

Nevertheless, the members of this board who got past the script kiddy level will surely know what they need to look for now. ;)
And do send PRs, when you encounter problems or need updated versions. I'm sure the author will appreciate it.

Last edited:

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Right now im running the bot from several vms, didnt find the way to make it work the other simplier way.

Nov 7, 2015
Final hint: you're using a Linux OS, which is good, as the mentioned solution employs technologies only available on Linux.

Do some smart googling and you'll know what to do. The used software is pretty popular.

Last edited:

9dc

Sep 21, 2015
Final hint: you're using a Linux OS, which is good, as the mentioned solution employs technologies only available on Linux.

Do some smart googling and you'll know what to do. The used software is pretty popular.
cant u just name it? :D

Nov 7, 2015
That would be too easy. I wouldn't like people going to town with possible "cracks" for my software as well.
It's a different thing with mega corporations like M$ and Adobe, however Michael has poured a lot of time and effort into his sinusbot. It's only fair that he gets something in return.
Users who understand the references I made would essentially be able to do it themselves, but *someone's* pre-made image removes that redundant work.

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
It's a different thing with mega corporations like M$ and Adobe, however Michael has poured a lot of time and effort into his sinusbot. It's only fair that he gets something in return.
If he would at least give us the possibility to buy the hosting version i would give a fuck about his payment ;)

Nov 7, 2015
You come across as if you were entitled to it. Michael knows about the "flaws" that allow users who host the bot themselves to "trick" the limitation. He did not patch it. He also explicitly told the users that they should not upgrade to a newer bot version, if they require 6 bots instead of 2. He did not have to do that.

He provides you with a solid piece of software. Free of charge!

He also did not have to publicly release the bot at all. Besides it being a shitty software, the dev of ts3musicbot shot himself in the foot by offering self-hosted versions. Cracking it was easy.

SaaS is the future. I do the same thing. When I write software that I want to monetize, I host it myself (if applicable). Besides making sure that nobody can crack and fuck around with it, I can also provide the highest possible quality with the lowest effort. I don't need to plan all weird OS quirks in foresight. If the software runs on my infrastructure, that's all I need.
This way I can also further optimize it and broaden the profit margin.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
You come across as if you were entitled to it. Michael knows about the "flaws" that allow users who host the bot themselves to "trick" the limitation. He did not patch it. He also explicitly told the users that they should not upgrade to a newer bot version, if they require 6 bots instead of 2. He did not have to do that.

He provides you with a solid piece of software. Free of charge!

He also did not have to publicly release the bot at all. Besides it being a shitty software, the dev of ts3musicbot shot himself in the foot by offering self-hosted versions. Cracking it was easy.

SaaS is the future. I do the same thing. When I write software that I want to monetize, I host it myself (if applicable). Besides making sure that nobody can crack and fuck around with it, I can also provide the highest possible quality with the lowest effort. I don't need to plan all weird OS quirks in foresight. If the software runs on my infrastructure, that's all I need.
This way I can also further optimize it and broaden the profit margin.

I wrote several emails to your friend Michael. He doesnt see me as a great income because im not a reknown hoster, I even ask him if I could pay a one time fee for having like 15 bots at the place of 2 (A one time fee of more than 100$ USD FYI). He didn't fucking replied, he just said on his forum that if we want to donate we can donate and that IT DOESNT GUARANTEE something in return. YEA RIGHT, not interested in donating without getting something in return. He's a greedy fuck, 2 weeks after is release he shat bricks because after 100 download only one person donated something (Like he expected something in return, the great savior he is). His bot is the best, but it doesnt make him the best.

He has to get used to the software development market, you can't always expect to convert to potential sales. He's seeing right now that his plan went to shit, so guess what, he started donating to organizations on his forum. He expect in return that they write on their website that they are using the sinusbot, but guess what? Most of them are NPLs. And you know what TeamSpeak thinks about publicity on NPL's users websites? GG bebye NPL.

You come across as if you were entitled to it. Michael knows about the "flaws" that allow users who host the bot themselves to "trick" the limitation. He did not patch it.
And he can't do anything about it, unless he stops giving away his bot. Thing I hope he does cause no one will use it anymore.

Nov 7, 2015
I wrote several emails to your friend Michael.
I've spoken to him briefly maybe what... 3 times in total? I wouldn't call me his friend. ;)

I even ask him if I could pay a one time fee for having like 15 bots at the place of 2 (A one time fee of more than 100$ USD FYI). He didn't fucking replied
Maybe he's afraid that you might redistribute the binary. Or maybe your message just got lost in the pile of other messages. I don't know.

he just said on his forum that if we want to donate we can donate and that IT DOESNT GUARANTEE something in return. YEA RIGHT, not interested in donating without getting something in return.
That's what a donation is. Everything else is a payment.

He's a greedy fuck, 2 weeks after is release he shat bricks because after 100 download only one person donated something (Like he expected something in return, the great savior he is).
He tried out the honor system. And it obviously failed him. Inversely he could say that you are a "cheap fuck" - no offense.

And he can't do anything about it, unless he stops giving away his bot. Thing I hope he does cause no one will use it anymore.
This is why he apparently stopped the development on the "public" version, while the "hosted" version continues to receive new functionality.
He can't unpublish the old bot versions. Therefore he has to create an incentive, so people pay for the hosted version.

Put yourself in his position. Of course he wants to make money. I would want the same.

And compared to ts3musicbot his approach is way nicer. You have to pay for the ts3musicbot, no matter what. You don't even get to use a trial / limited version for free.

I can understand, that this might be frustrating for you. It angered me too. But I can understand his actions very well and probably would have done the same.
And now that you know how to circumvent this limitation, do so if you will.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
This amount of money for a ts bot isn't cheap. If he thinks it is, then he's a greedy fuck like I said.
Not here to debate if hes right or not, cause we all know he's not. He might be right, he might be wrong, but he's going to the greedy fuck hell, just like I am but I'm bringing his unlimited bots instances with me thanks to you.

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
Hi, Hello
how can i fix this ?

i speak german :)
MfG
Maybe you have to restart your bot like it says :D It got updated because you enabled the auto update option, I'm not sure how to dissable it but you should take a look in the config file. I'm currently not at home but I will take a look at this when I'm back.

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
type "screen -ls" and you should see something like 11978.sinusbot (11/14/2015 06:30:26) (Detached). Now type "screen -r 11978" to get attatched to this screen. 11978 is the number of my screen, you'll have another one. If you done this, press ctrl + c to terminate your screen.

Shield

Dec 8, 2015
when im going to add 3 instance, its says limit exceeds -_- wtf? this script worked for anyone?