patch client for fixing "server version is too old" issue

Night Wolf

Feb 18, 2016
Hi there,
I wanna patch client teamspeak for fixing this error:
"server version is too old"

but unfortunately i don't know how the client knows that my server is running on old version and needed to be updated. I thought client send latest server version number to my server, or client get the server version number through commands and check that with latest version on "version.temspeak.com" url but I find nothing in UDP traffic what transferred between server and client.

anyone knows how the client and server is sending info about version to each other? should i patch the client or server?

thanks in advance guys.

Night Wolf

Feb 18, 2016
Thanks @NNajsr.

The server version is 3.0.12 and client is latest version that we can download from teamspeaks site.

Well, I want to make a universal patch for client in order to my customer can connect to my server even my server version is old, on the other word, I don't want to update my server if my customer update the client. Is it possible?

Thanks again for you informative response and introduce TS3 protocol.

U

User_38581

Thanks @NNajsr.

The server version is 3.0.12 and client is latest version that we can download from teamspeaks site.

Well, I want to make a universal patch for client in order to my customer can connect to my server even my server version is old, on the other word, I don't want to update my server if my customer update the client. Is it possible?

Thanks again for you informative response and introduce TS3 protocol.
You do know that there are crashes especially for these old versions?

There update for a reason, and thats very good reason

Night Wolf

Feb 18, 2016
You do know that there are crashes especially for these old versions?

There update for a reason, and thats very good reason
thanks for mentioning this thing. I've updated my server to 3.0.13.8 which latest cracked version I can download from this forum but i got that error again.
well, I've got to use cracked version cause can't buy it never ever for many reason.So, i wanna find a way to bypass this limitation and do it as a convenience for my customer.

U

User_38581

thanks for mentioning this thing. I've updated my server to 3.0.13.8 which latest cracked version I can download from this forum but i got that error again.
well, I've got to use cracked version cause can't buy it never ever for many reason.So, i wanna find a way to bypass this limitation and do it as a convenience for my customer.
If you want to know theres known crash till 3.7.0 Version.
Maybe someone has few extra slots to give you for free :)

Rikku

Contributor
Sep 14, 2015
The Crack is outdated, and will no longer supported! Buy a real License and you will be Good. There is a Chance of 90% that the Server gets greylisted!

mkll11one

ServerGeek
VIP
Apr 26, 2016
Hi there,
I wanna patch client teamspeak for fixing this error:
"server version is too old"

but unfortunately i don't know how the client knows that my server is running on old version and needed to be updated. I thought client send latest server version number to my server, or client get the server version number through commands and check that with latest version on "version.temspeak.com" url but I find nothing in UDP traffic what transferred between server and client.

anyone knows how the client and server is sending info about version to each other? should i patch the client or server?

thanks in advance guys.
How many slots, do you need on TeamSpeak3? ;) and I will try to see, about I can fix some-else free! =)

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
3.1.7 is the client version that I'm currently using. It can connect to "all" (3.0.11 -3.9.0) servers. As with all software running an older version isn't great, but given the direction teamspeak is taking ...
I do think connecting to older server versions in the latests clients is a matter of NOPing some instruction (unless they removed the old code)

Last edited: