http://freedns.afraid.org/

r00t-Server

Nov 3, 2015
Your IP change to the domain, for example,
192.333.5.4:9987
name domain.com :9987

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
If I understand correctly, this is a website that generates/links existing ip's using type A records. If this is the case, then DNS management has been around for a while, and there are other websites that can do the same thing.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
That is not how any of this works o_O
(If we're talking about the client that is)

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Alright I believe this thread is about the server not the client then :)

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
No bro, that is how it works. r00t-Server posted pictures of the IP of a teamspeak server being updated as a DNS nameserver. A numerical IP is converted to a simpler name, such asgpc.linuxx.org:9987 (the example shown in the screenshot). A lot of websites can do this, it's called Type A Record DNS. Providers that offer this feature include freedns, no-ip.org, and the one I personally use: dot.tk.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah I know. I was thinking he meant at first that it would show you an A record instead of an ip when checking a client info. But has said before it's for servers that is why I was confused.
In the end it's just a dns service :)

r00t-Server

Nov 3, 2015
My friend GPC to change the name that you want, like I was given my friend

Yes exactly did well, my dear ( ehthe )

Nov 7, 2015
@r00t-Server

If you're too cheap to by a domain, just get one from FreeNom. And for heaven's sake use CloudFlare as your DNS provider. That website you linked is hideous.
And please don't use A records for your TeamSpeak, but SRV records. They give you much more flexibility.

Besides that, there are free TSDNS service providers like ts3index.com.

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
Cloudflare is good, however it is not free, something that OP has expressed in his initial post. The alternatives I posted above also give free domains. More alternatives from you is appreciated, however you being rude is not appreciated. You were also vague when you commented on the hideousness of a website, seeing as how bl4uni linked 2 websites.

By the way, this toxic shit of yours needs to stop:

why-am-i-even-here replied to the thread script's Teamspeak3.
Holy shit. I believe I have never ever seen such shitty code. What the actual fuck, dude?

why-am-i-even-here replied to the thread I need help on the project.
Could you be any more vague about your problem? I'll say it bluntly: you appear to lack any competence at all regarding programming. If you can't figure out how to run a simple PHP script, this is not the right community for you.

*Although this shit was pretty funny:
why-am-i-even-here:
tumblr_m4d16entGD1r5jtugo1_500.jpg

And wtf is this?

Yes. I am on drugs. All of them.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2015
Cloudflare is good, however it is not free, something that OP has expressed in his initial post.
CloudFlare DNS is free.

More alternatives from you is appreciated
I did list FreeNom + CloudFlare and ts3index. Granted, you kinda already covered FreeNom by naming dot.tk.
But maybe I'm misinterpreting that line and you wanted to credit my contribution, as opposed to my criticism.

You were vague when you commented on the hideousness of a website, seeing as how bl4uni linked 2 websites.
I noticed that myself and edited "@r00t-Server" in, since the whole post was addressed at him, not bl4uni. You probably read my post before the edit.
Sorry for that.

By the way, this toxic shit of yours needs to stop:
You say it's toxic, I say it's honest. Did you actually read through the code from "script's Teamspeak3"? It only proves my point made in "I need help on the project".

Just look at the thumbnail he provided:
1448146756121.png

induden? Before I upload any "tutorials" I'd check if the code even works. But that discussion belongs in its respective thread.

Last edited:

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
CloudFlare DNS is free.
Oh shit you're right they have do have a free plan, I have not been on there in a long time, and I should have double-checked. My bad bro.

I noticed that myself and edited "@r00t-Server" in, since the whole post was addressed at him, not bl4uni. You probably read my post before the edit.
Yeah I just refreshed the page saw the edits, I thought your reply was directed at bl4uni's 2 links.

You say it's toxic, I say it's honest. Did you actually read through the code from "script's Teamspeak3"? It only proves my point made in "I need help on the project".
Haha I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the code like "wtf is this". I wouldn't have been as blunt about it, but that's just me. I will take a look at this whole post again in the morning.

Last edited: