Exploit sourcecode / Exploit "guide" ?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Each exploit is different, but if you're talking about the crashers, then the server logs can give you a good idea on what happened. I'm not the one who found out the exploits, but if I understood correctly those are characters that the teamspeak database has issues with. We do not share the sourcecode however.

Maybe @Derp or @Kaptan647 will be able to tell you more if they can.
Don't pm them tough, they will reply here if they want to share it more in detail with us.

zodiacBeast

Mar 6, 2016
Each exploit is different, but if you're talking about the crashers, then the server logs can give you a good idea on what happened. I'm not the one who found out the exploits, but if I understood correctly those are characters that the teamspeak database has issues with. We do not share the sourcecode however.

Maybe @Derp or @Kaptan647 will be able to tell you more if they can.
Don't pm them tough, they will reply here if they want to share it more in detail with us.

Thank you, that already helped a lot. Yes I am talking about the crashers.
I have a basic idea what could cause a crash, like you said if you send bad characters to the server and the function that handles those characters doesn't validate them and for example tries to convert "a" to integer ^^ (probably not quite that easy).
However, I really want to learn how to find those. I don't see myself experienced enough to find such a vulnarability inside ASM code when debugging TS.
I just ask for a basic "that's the way to go" guide.

For example: How do I debug the process and find the place where the input (sent by my program) is handled?
If any developer is up to talk (maybe teamspeak) was awesome too ;)

Thanks anyway!

Kaptan647

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 25, 2015
Basicly i think like what would i forget if i build this software. Unfortunately sending bad characters wont work because teamspeak has an error code for that. (Convert Error)
Some hint. You dont need to hook your program into teamspeak for sending a command. As you can see all of our poc tools dont use teamspeak itself.

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015

zodiacBeast

Mar 6, 2016
Really nice that you are up to help learning things thanks!
mmbbq seems super relaxed - didn't know that before. Nice!
Well I think now is my turn - i'll let you guys know if I have success ;)

Bye and thanks again