Editing The TeamSpeak 3 Database

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
It sure can be fun. I managed to cause some serious lag. Just go get SqliteBrowser, start modifying some values and keep restarting your server to view the neat results. You might just figure out a crash. :cool:
FmKeQcS.png

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
It sure can be fun. I managed to cause some serious lag. Just go get SqliteBrowser, start modifying some values and keep restarting your server to view the neat results. You might just figure out a crash. :cool:
FmKeQcS.png
Speaking about Tests

I was doing some tests with the URL tag and I had an idea,

We can flood someone's URL Cache with random urls without him even knowing :p

Something like this would do the trick

Code:
[url=http://www.ᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚᅚ.com/!][/url] Hello there (Insert some random text after the Closing URL BB Tag)

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
You can flood the host message (lots and lots of lines) and the client may crash on weak machines :)

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
When you manually edit the database, you may modify a channel name to have return characters. Maximum channel characters is 40 though (server-side enforced) by default. So for example try 18 new lines and a single character. There is something crazy you can do involving adding hundreds of new lines to the server name --- the list totally gets fucked. I was able to get my RAM usage up to 2 GB (TeamSpeak process) by throwing a bunch of random binary into the server name. The more random binary you smash into a database editor for the server name, the more funky things that happen. Feel free to play around with it, making memory unstable can result in exciting finds. :cool:

My best guess is that all the random binary I was throwing into the database was causing memory leaks within the client.