Which hosting provider to choose?

Asphyxia

Server Monkey
Administrator
Reaction score
These threads always turn into every hosting provider or promoter like "Hey, go use <insert_hosting_company>"

Slightly curious, why not merge all of these hosting companies together? Putting all of the talent/skill/servers/technology together.. would likely be even more profitable and build one solid brand name..

XARON

get over here!
Restricted
Reaction score
These threads always turn into every hosting provider or promoter like "Hey, go use <insert_hosting_company>"

Slightly curious, why not merge all of these hosting companies together? Putting all of the talent/skill/servers/technology together.. would likely be even more profitable and build one solid brand name..
Need more competition.

Asphyxia

Server Monkey
Administrator
Reaction score
Need more competition.
All the competition sucks when separated is what I am saying. You can have 20 people all trying to run a shitty tiny motel (Chinese accent "downtown mohhhh tellll". Or what if 20 people combined their finances (20 story hotel with elevators), their brand, all their customers, and expanded their reach collectively in an exponential manner with advertising to increase customers (and profitability).

That would make something closer to Amazon or Azure than any of them could do on their own. ;)

XARON

get over here!
Restricted
Reaction score
All the competition sucks when separated is what I am saying. You can have 20 people all trying to run a shitty tiny motel (Chinese accent "downtown mohhhh tellll". Or what if 20 people combined their finances (20 story hotel with elevators), their brand, all their customers, and expanded their reach collectively in an exponential manner with advertising to increase customers (and profitability).

That would make something closer to Amazon or Azure than any of them could do on their own. ;)
Basic but much = specific problems,
Big but little = easy2fix

Like HyperFilter vs OVH, filters v.s capacity. Little vs biggest.

Asphyxia

Server Monkey
Administrator
Reaction score
Like HyperFilter vs OVH, filters v.s capacity. Little vs biggest.
What are you on about? I am simply saying when multiple businessmen work together, they have more capital funds to invest in themselves for better protections and overall more service offerings so they can serve MORE customers in one place. This increase the number of potential customers and overall profitability and allows the business to drive forward faster.

Little businesses are sometimes hard to make profitable. For example, a company list below..

BlazingBuffalo - offers 3 VPS packages Hyper-V, 2 dedicated plans w/ X_GBPS DDoS protect..
SlimeFrogs - has 5 OpenVZ packages for VPS.. offers CDN and Web App Firewall
SteamySecks - 3 KVM servs and specializes in VoIP firewall configurations for Mumble and such..

Now tell me this. Could these companies offer a better package together and maybe make more money together.. or do they serve more people separately?

This is kind of a no-brainer. Merging technology companies can increase value exponentially.. to for example align for a sellout or just increase profitability. Risk is involved but that is how business works!

Hunterpl

Reaction score
Website
www.ts3bahu.com
Guessing reseller of HosTeam.PL?
Only 50 gbit/s?
@Martin S.

Okay, our biggest customer IP: psgaming.pl ( 2048 slots ) if you really think the internet connection capacity it is whole to be protected you are wrong. There are more ways to down whole your vps or dedication server with small amount of mbps example: by application attack ( ex. which use 100mbps ) can cause used your all cores CPU equ to 100%, what then, you will do?

Exist many factors to be really high secure: like equipment ( Hardware firewall ex. Junipers, load balancer, your structure is it in "HA" or not ( High Availability )) staff how they are experience, what time company need to fix the issue, type of contact via e-mail, phone or VoIP server? how many companies use the VoIP Teamspeak 3 to be close with their customers? i think less than 1% from ATHP's most of them use standard corporation scheme just e-mail or phone to hold you on the line and say after all we can't do nothing. Bravo.

Reaction score
Since uptime is on first place, I think DDoS Protection is on tops priority.
But yea, depends what you're running

We can give you a OVH PRO DDoS Protection with Costum Firewall Port, if you are interessed, you know where you find us! <3

Martin S.

VIP
Reaction score
@Martin S.

Okay, our biggest customer IP: psgaming.pl ( 2048 slots ) if you really think the internet connection capacity it is whole to be protected you are wrong. There are more ways to down whole your vps or dedication server with small amount of mbps example: by application attack ( ex. which use 100mbps ) can cause used your all cores CPU equ to 100%, what then, you will do?

Exist many factors to be really high secure: like equipment ( Hardware firewall ex. Junipers, load balancer, your structure is it in "HA" or not ( High Availability )) staff how they are experience, what time company need to fix the issue, type of contact via e-mail, phone or VoIP server? how many companies use the VoIP Teamspeak 3 to be close with their customers? i think less than 1% from ATHP's most of them use standard corporation scheme just e-mail or phone to hold you on the line and say after all we can't do nothing. Bravo.
Yea I didnt say everything is in capacity, but everything isn't surely in filters ;)
You have to have capacity and sufficient bandwidth which hosteam dont have

Reaction score
Do you have different pricing packages? Also, do you offer VPN hosting..

At the moment we don't have plan called "DDoS protection" but we will add!

We need to install the server with KVM system and after we will sell the VPS DDoS protected!

I think the price will different but not more than other plan!

If you need it now, i can give you a OpenVZ VPS Server HDD!

Hunterpl

Reaction score
Website
www.ts3bahu.com
Yea I didnt say everything is in capacity, but everything isn't surely in filters ;)
You have to have capacity and sufficient bandwidth which hosteam dont have
Excuse me? what? You really think, we do not have enough bandwidth at Hosteam? on what basis do you state this?
For your information we got intel card network 2 x 10 GBPS with full 10 GBPS Bandwidth unmetered Guarantee 1 GBPS, please do not tell me what Hosteam can do, what can not next time, because you even did not ring phone to them about any offer, now ask your self: why many teamspeak in Hosteam are located and many of them showed at Gametracker?

Check out: https://www.gametracker.com/search/ts3/?query=178.217.&searchipp=50#search - most of them on the TOP

No one, who want provide teamspeak server will stay at OVH with poor security OVH GAME, normal customer looking for hosting where will be safe, it is basic and logical to provide any service for your players, this is not subject to any discussion that's all.

dosh

Reaction score
Excuse me? what? You really think, we do not have enough bandwidth at Hosteam? on what basis do you state this?
For your information we got intel card network 2 x 10 GBPS with full 10 GBPS Bandwidth unmetered Guarantee 1 GBPS, please do not tell me what Hosteam can do, what can not next time, because you even did not ring phone to them about any offer, now ask your self: why many teamspeak in Hosteam are located and many of them showed at Gametracker?

Check out: https://www.gametracker.com/search/ts3/?query=178.217.&searchipp=50#search - most of them on the TOP

No one, who want provide teamspeak server will stay at OVH with poor security OVH GAME, normal customer looking for hosting where will be safe, it is basic and logical to provide any service for your players, this is not subject to any discussion that's all.
Hosteam is good for PL users their other uplinks/connections for other country's are terrible and most of them gains packet loss during large attacks.

Hunterpl

Reaction score
Website
www.ts3bahu.com
Hello Dear @dosh

I get it what you mean, it is not problem directly for side Hosteam at all, because we know the issue out there, it is all about connection from Europe going through France " ISP: Telia", there is big issue if someone literally close the uplinks by some volumetric attack DDoS, it is naturally if the connection in some where ( node ) got packet loss, you will get packet loss too on the end, i think many people do not understand how internet works.

I can gave same example:
You own garden and you would like to use a water hose to water the grass right? but in some part of this hose is cut, there is leak of water, so this is naturally on the end will be no full water going through right?

Last edited:

Martin S.

VIP
Reaction score

Lol chill out dude.
I sent them dump of my last attack on previous provider, they said they can't guarantee for that kinda big attacks, , they have good filters, but low capacity, so yea. And yea ovh is cheap shit I agree

Hunterpl

Reaction score
Website
www.ts3bahu.com
@Martin S.

I'm chill out believe me, so as i understand you own VPS at Hosteam right?
for that information VPS got only Standard can not be upgradable:

STANDARD (<3Gbps)

blocking TCP packets with invalid TCP flags
UDP traffic limiting
ICMP traffic limiting
blocking packets on ports 0 / tcp, 0 / udp
limiting TCP SYN packets

Premium and Individual filters are available only for dedication servers.

Martin S.

VIP
Reaction score
@Martin S.

I'm chill out believe me, so as i understand you own VPS at Hosteam right?
for that information VPS got only Standard can not be upgradable:

STANDARD (<3Gbps)

blocking TCP packets with invalid TCP flags
UDP traffic limiting
ICMP traffic limiting
blocking packets on ports 0 / tcp, 0 / udp
limiting TCP SYN packets

Premium and Individual filters are available only for dedication servers.
Look, amp methods will kill their ts easily PERIOD.
And yes, I know that dedicated have better protection, and bigger capacity, but still nah

Martin S.

VIP
Reaction score
No thanks, Im not interested so no need for that.
I have provider for my ts