URL Spam Freeze

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Back to freezing with the URL parsing.
Code:
www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www
Paste that into chat multiple times. You could setup a server bot to automatically spam someone or all people joining. As a result, you could have a freeze server.

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
I will try to combine that with some BB code (especially the URL bb code) Who knows, maybe I can get some nice results :cool:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
That's what it does though. It sends the client just "www.www" which it thinks is a link, then individually on each of them, it adds the URL BBC --- which is why it lags so much I think.

Jul 15, 2015
I tried it but no results of crashes with

Code:
www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www www.www

i'll try some other bbcode issues : ) and i'll give you my results ;)

edit : After some test i didn't found anything who could crash any server (i'm always blocked for spam)

Last edited:

JayJax

Apr 28, 2015
Back to freezing with the URL parsing.
Code:
Paste that into chat multiple times. You could setup a server bot to automatically spam someone or all people joining. As a result, you could have a freeze server.

I setup a macro for that and it seems to be that it only affects your own network/client/pc. not the server.
also the spamflood detection makes this all not work.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Jay, that flood was mainly targeted at clients while in a server which you have SERV-ADMIN rights in. Sorry that was not clarified. There is one other way though, a massive flood of bots joining a server with all different identities, mac/product ids, etc.. with that, you could have bots all join a server and fling the messages over as quickly as possible. Leaving and joining with new info to spam bypass. That could POTENTIALLY freeze up everyone in a server. There would need to be a system for selecting the freeze targets. :p