ts3 linux no gui on docker

dzinks2009

Dec 23, 2015
Hi,

does anyone know how I would be able to accept the required license without a GUI on a docker?

I tried creating settings on windows, copying them to my server and then downloading them but for some reason, the files don't save in /root/.ts3client

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Any ideas? All help appreciated.
Yes, you want to auto accept the EULA.

Possibly try this:
Code:
You can accept the license in one of three ways:

Create an empty file called ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the current working directory. For example on Unix like systems do: touch .ts3server_license_accepted
Start the ts3server with the commandline parameter "license_accepted" set to 1. For example: ts3server license_accepted=1
Set the OS environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" prior to starting the server. For example on Windows: set TS3SERVER_LICENSE=accept

I am thinking this is the easiest:
Code:
cd teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64
touch .ts3server_license_accepted

Good luck mate!

Now if you are talking about the TeamSpeak 3 client.. you could just utilize a "hackery" workaround by for example sending the "Q" key when the prompt appears during install.

Ref:

How might this work?

Launch a separate shell script right before launching TS3 install, then script out the xdotool to press "Q" after waiting X seconds.

You could POSSIBLY sleep for X seconds or run a loop comparing the script start time to current time, waiting X seconds. A lot of options here..

If you have no idea and still need help, just ask.. I love helping and if/when you get the solution PLEASE share here with us.

Last edited:

dzinks2009

Dec 23, 2015
Code:
cd /teamspeak && curl https://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/client/3.3.2/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.3.2.run -o teamspeak.run && chmod u+x teamspeak.run && (sleep 3 && echo "q" && sleep 2.5 && echo "y")
Hmm, wouldn't this be enough tho? In the installation of my docker, it does press q and y(without even showing me it), but I think it works.

dzinks2009

Dec 23, 2015
You could always check by trying to connect to a server? Are you able to confirm your solution works.
You can't do anything to the ts3 client on Linux without accepting the license, just like on ts3 client on windows.

In my observations, either it's docker or just a clean installation of the ts3 client on Linux, whenever you press q and y to quit and accept the license, it doesn't accept it.