Teamspeak USA apparently keeping track of ALL TeamSpeak servers

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
So I just saw that : https://support.teamspeakusa.com/in...w-exactly-do-you-know-how-much-to-bill-me-for
Our current and new billing system is already keeping track of ALL TeamSpeak servers being hosted worldwide.
And now I'm scared :eek:

So.. speculating time ! Is it bullshit ? If not how do you think they manage (or try) to do it ?

My first guess : Maybe the weblist does a lot more than what it says. I'm going to try and investigate it. Plus the ServerManager always connect to the weblist even if no virtual server says so.

Yolo

Jan 10, 2016
the port 2008 is blocked and you receive the signal from cracked accounting on localhost. is impossbile be billed by teamspeak.com

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
the port 2008 is blocked and you receive the signal from cracked accounting on localhost. is impossbile be billed by teamspeak.com
It's not Teamspeak that's querying the 2008 port. It's the server that is sending the data to teamspeak. Blocking port 2008 doesn't necessarily mean you're preventing teamspeak from "looking" at you.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
When i started a well-argumented thread about teamspeak spying on servers and collecting stats you were laughing at me, ehthe. Now, after several days, you open similar thread with basically same concern. Have fun. I told you last week they are gathering data through CLIENTS mostly as every single client in the world connects to blacklist server to check on the IP it is currently connecting to. That's where the fun begins.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Well, mine isn't pure speculation. It's backed by a source, even if it might be a bluff from teamspeak.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
You are speculating about weblist without any proof. So how is that different from what i wrote before? And what part do you still don't understand here? That people running a teamspeak instance and making its IP public are wide open to teamspeak's tools that are mining and processing the data? How strange that my concerns were doomed instantly and yours are not. Anyway enough from me. Won't share any thoughts on this anymore.