Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Please let us know in a response what you think we should do? :cool:

Check out this video here:

Here is a PDF document of the contract/agreement they wanted to have us sign:

Last edited:
M

Member 2873

TeamSpeak may request questionable content be deleted from R4P3.net, its forums and subpages, including but not limited to:
"Cracked" TeamSpeak 3 software and/or links to other sites that contain “cracked” TeamSpeak 3 software

um no.

you get fucked basically as far as i see

EscuderoKevin

Jul 2, 2015
HAHAHAHHAHA

TeamSpeak may request questionable content be deleted from R4P3.net, its forums and subpages, including butnot limited to:
i.“Cracked” TeamSpeak 3 software and/or links to other sites that contain “cracked” TeamSpeak 3 software
ii. Descriptions, documentation, or links to instructions on how to crack TeamSpeak 3 software.iii. Tools and automated exploits, such as"TeamSleep”, that may be used with malicious intent.iv. Information regarding security vulnerabilities that has not already been disclosed to Teamspeak.v. Content and/or threads that may damage the image of TeamSpeak the company and its employees.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
150 USD/month??! are you freaking kidding me???
I work as a profesional pentester, and a simple PENTEST at a web application, for 1 week and only 1 pentester it's around $4000 USD (a cheap one).

I say no.

I totally agree with you, however we have jobs and school so we do not have the same amount of time invested as a pentester would have.
We have to be careful about not being too aggressive in the negociation.

Hello TeamSpeak VIP member, pretty sure one of them bought VIP to spy on us.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I totally agree with you, however we have jobs and school so we do not have the same amount of time invested as a pentester would have.
We have to be careful about not being too aggressive in the negociation.

Hello TeamSpeak VIP member, pretty sure one of them bought VIP to spy on us.
I think overall the point everyone is making is that R4P3 is a security team, 7 passionate/dedicated members strong. We are not just some skid group sitting here copying/pasting shit all day. An offer of $150 monthly is laughable, we could buy a bicycle for our researchers in 7 months. Not even, literally they would just cover server expenses which is what we discussed with them. But in their offer, they are extending the bare minimum. R4P3 would have to cease growth, withdraw the community and this would eventually lead to a less secure TeamSpeak with a less dedicated community and team over time.

Things run fine right now without a contract, us signing this carries far too much legal risk and not enough money to cover legal expenses if TeamSpeak were to strike us with a lawsuit of any kind.

R4P3 and TeamSpeak currently have a competitive relationship, we put stress on them for better security. What they want is to pay us money so we can run our servers and shut up, to hide their security issues. R4P3 is very much about transparency, that is why I chose to let everyone know about this. TeamSpeak is very private.

Last edited:

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I think overall the point everyone is making is that R4P3 is a security team, 7 passionate/dedicated members strong. We are not just some skid group sitting here copying/pasting shit all day. An offer of $150 monthly is laughable, we could buy a bicycle for our researchers in 7 months. Not even, literally they would just cover server expenses which is what we discussed with them. But in their offer, they are extending the bare minimum. R4P3 would have to cease growth, withdraw the community and this would eventually lead to a less security TeamSpeak with a less dedicated community and team over time.

Things run fine right now without a contract, us signing this carries far too much legal risk and not enough money to cover legal expenses if TeamSpeak were to strike us with a lawsuit of any kind.
And you didn't mention how much they would laugh their ass off... Security research for 150$USD/month is a joke

EDIT : Nice glock.

AnonAries

Jan 22, 2016
I think overall the point everyone is making is that R4P3 is a security team, 7 passionate/dedicated members strong. We are not just some skid group sitting here copying/pasting shit all day. An offer of $150 monthly is laughable, we could buy a bicycle for our researchers in 7 months. Not even, literally they would just cover server expenses which is what we discussed with them. But in their offer, they are extending the bare minimum. R4P3 would have to cease growth, withdraw the community and this would eventually lead to a less security TeamSpeak with a less dedicated community and team over time.

I just got the email, sorry I haven't been on ts as well. Things have been getting nasty, but about this contract. Do not accept it. They just wanna bully you. I mean I haven't been following what's been going on lately besides now. If they are willing to do a mutual contract, you should just wait them out or do the fun way and continue doing exploits (plug ins for breaking the client) and spread the terror to them until they make a good enough contract or really hear you out. Your way or the highway or come to an understanding. :rolleyes:;). If theirs anything I can do let me know and I'll try to push around a few favors on the dark side of the web.:cool:

P.s.

I forgot to read the rest and my other output on tbis..... make them pay out the ass if they wanna contract. (; but me I wouldn't contract. I vote burn the contract and send the video to them.

Kaptan647

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 25, 2015
I think overall the point everyone is making is that R4P3 is a security team, 7 passionate/dedicated members strong. We are not just some skid group sitting here copying/pasting shit all day. An offer of $150 monthly is laughable, we could buy a bicycle for our researchers in 7 months. Not even, literally they would just cover server expenses which is what we discussed with them. But in their offer, they are extending the bare minimum. R4P3 would have to cease growth, withdraw the community and this would eventually lead to a less secure TeamSpeak with a less dedicated community and team over time.

R4P3 and TeamSpeak currently have a competitive relationship, we put stress on them for better security. What they want is to pay us money so we can run our servers and shut up, to hide their security issues. R4P3 is very much about transparency, that is why I chose to let everyone know about this. TeamSpeak is very private.
Can i have a bicycle pls :D