TeamSpeak - Non-Profit License Update (NPL)

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
So in case you still wondering about the license updates if they will keep them or remove them during 2019 i am able to inform you that it still going on.
My license got updated 1st of January for the next 6 months.
BTW, Teamspeak probably has a Santa Claus cause i got a gift from them. :p
My license from 2v servers now it has 10. (That's a nice present if i ever want to have more that 2v servers, but still using only one. ;)

Now you don't need to worry or ask what will happen with them.

Proof of my license:
ts3_license.jpg

djalmasi

Sep 10, 2015
Nice to hear but it's still not possible to obtain a new NPL, right?
Neither now nor in the future. No new NPL license is available. With the supporter I talked about hardening the rules. But if your license meets all your expectations, it will be reloaded without any problems. If you don't recreate something wrong then you can ask them for a finger.
It just got more expectations. It must be content on the web, not just real-time content. The server must run one month before the expiration date. You can't get any support anywhere. They are very angry about this. You can't give a "loan" license to your buddies and I could still list it.

My "license". The sixth of February will in principle expire. According to her, NPL is licensed. It will also be valid for the next version. (TS5)

Last edited:

h1web

VIP
Sep 2, 2015
My Server is running since 98 days, and my NPL License was from July 2018 until 26.January 2019. - When i check out my License Info through YaTQA it still says 26 January 2019, why is it not updating itself or do i have to restart my server?

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
My Server is running since 98 days, and my NPL License was from July 2018 until 26.January 2019. - When i check out my License Info through YaTQA it still says 26 January 2019, why is it not updating itself or do i have to restart my server?
Yea, if you restart the server it will change. Yatqa takes the first lines from the logs. If you check the 0.log file you will see the update info there.

Troy1999

Jan 29, 2018
Hi, I have npl but i wonder if i should keep my site while npl is updated knowing that teamspeak works for me and the site but i'm thinking about closing the site

djalmasi

Sep 10, 2015
Hi, I have npl but i wonder if i should keep my site while npl is updated knowing that teamspeak works for me and the site but i'm thinking about closing the site
If you closing the website, then the teamspeak team deleting your license. Because requirement that be one a website with content.

floppy

Mar 6, 2016
Maybe if you have an old license. I don't recall needing a website for the NPL, but that was way back in 2010.

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
Maybe if you have an old license. I don't recall needing a website for the NPL, but that was way back in 2010.
The policy changes for everyone not only for the new licenses.
Think something like that. A user who has a facebook account from 2009 with a user who made an account at 2019. They both have the same terms and policy.

floppy

Mar 6, 2016
The policy changes for everyone not only for the new licenses.
Think something like that. A user who has a facebook account from 2009 with a user who made an account at 2019. They both have the same terms and policy.

True, but I have no interface to even enter a website.