Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Download:

Watch instructions:

NEW!!! STEP 0.1 INSTRUCTIONS
Code:
This is IMPORTANT to block the latest update which may break the client from launching unless logged in!
Open a notepad process with Administrator rights
Open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add
===THE BELOW LINE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FILE, LEAVING OUT THE LINES WITH "===" ===
127.0.0.1 update.teamspeak.com
=== Only the above line should be added to the bottom of your hosts file ===

VirusTotal:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
You may run into errors about "clones", this is because everyone will have the same identity upon installation. This could be a security issue if you are granting this particular identity admin rights such as server admin.

I highly recommend you follow my security solution:
1571887659970.png

1. Open TeamSpeak 5 settings
2. Select the Identities option
3. Click the plus symbol to the top right

4. 1571887715174.png type your username and tap ENTER.

5. 1571887769015.png click Use as Default next to your nickname

6. Eliminate the old identity for extra peaceful sleeping at night.

1571887831270.png

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Been waiting for this, how do I get a Beta Tester Badge?
Yeah.. that is the only part where I guess this is not "fully fully working". I mean, the client is mostly fully working since you can actually use TeamSpeak 5 for the most part but there are just very certain myTeamSpeak features you cannot use like their global cloud messaging system which I think ties into cloud API stuff.

I am not really a fan of what TeamSpeak is doing honestly, they used to always be about decentralization and having separated VoIP servers. Now they are trying to be competitive with Discord and centralizing their VoIP platform and TRACKING the living fuck out of everyone using their software (especially their TeamSpeak 5 client).

So... long story short, a lot of features TeamSpeak 5 is rolling out requires a myTeamSpeak account with a beta badge/key. This is due to their centralization like I mentioned prior. This sucks badly, because now TeamSpeak can practically ban user accounts globally by disallowing a certain user from logging in or forcing the user off their client.