TeamSpeak 5 acquired 2020 by R4P3 Network

Harrasan

Restricted
Jul 18, 2015
TS3Index.com alone has more than 40,000 servers registered so I'd like to know where the less than 10,000 is coming from.

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
The fact that you somehow think you can just simply buy a company with small donations from members. Yes, $10,000's are small to a multi-million dollar company.

Just their domain name has an estimated value of $95,928.59.

I rather have you invest in a (new)developer team and make a similar application with the money received. This is non-sense and deep down you know that.

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
Just their domain name has an estimated value of $95,928
Their domain value is only an estimate and those are often wrong.

I am not asking for small donations from members to buy TeamSpeak, I am gathering initial capital so when I go to a bank and say “I want a business loan for $100,000” they can see $20,000 in a business savings account instead of just the $6,000 I have personally saved up for a house one day. The end goal is to acquire TeamSpeak with SOME help from the community.

Lastly, one goal would be to market the fundraising campaign and use a platform like Kickstarter to crowdfund the purchase of TeamSpeak. I am tired of people acting like crowdfunding is impossible. We have a lot of old TeamSpeak fans but their company is dying.

I do not want to write a WHOLE VoIP from scratch with a dev team. It would be easier to take over their codebase and learn the ins and outs of their platform and make changes to add security fixes, new features, and overall improvements. Already have worked with Mumble but it is too incomplete from a feature standpoint.

Starting something from scratch like Discord otherwise takes VC which means your investors own you. This crowdfunding method makes sure we ALL own TeamSpeak together through community.

iKaros

Restricted
Oct 4, 2017
I summarize everything for the new ones, the post is not going to reach anything because the amount is ridiculous and it does not make sense all this if Teamspeak do not sell anything (check my screens) .

A greeting.

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
@iKaros you run a $1 website for a gaming community and use cracked software because you are poor. People like you along with other gamers - including people using cracked software because they are poor try giving business advice. Take that for a summary.

But I do find it laughable, ahem, entertaining watching video gamers try giving professional business consulting advice like the true keyboard warriors they are. When TeamSpeak is installed on 100 computers, don’t pretend I didn’t try.

The convenience and free price of Discord suffocates TeamSpeak. I have used TS2 the year they released it. I have followed TeamSpeak Systems since they incorporated and started making money. It was fun finding ways to crash TeamSpeak 2, 3 and I promise 5 will crash. They are hacking themselves by dragging alpha out so long. They hire new programmers that likely have little to no security experience, they fail to provide appropriate quality check controls, and this puts every user at a considerably high level of security risk.

Get hacked while you suck unhealthy beverages, crunch potato chips for breakfast, and act like you run internet businesses as you game while using TeamSpeak. Don’t act upset when that happens because it won’t be me.

Last edited:

iKaros

Restricted
Oct 4, 2017
@iKaros you run a $1 website for a gaming community and use cracked software because you are poor. People like you along with other gamers - including people using cracked software because they are poor try giving business advice. Take that for a summary.

But I do find it laughable, ahem, entertaining watching video gamers try giving professional business consulting advice like the true keyboard warriors they are. When TeamSpeak is installed on 100 computers, don’t pretend I didn’t try.

The convenience and free price of Discord suffocates TeamSpeak. I have used TS2 the year they released it. I have followed TeamSpeak Systems since they incorporated and started making money. It was fun finding ways to crash TeamSpeak 2, 3 and I promise 5 will crash. They are hacking themselves by dragging alpha out so long. They hire new programmers that likely have little to no security experience, they fail to provide appropriate quality check controls, and this puts every user at a considerably high level of security risk.

Get hacked while you suck unhealthy beverages, crunch potato chips for breakfast, and act like you run internet businesses as you game while using TeamSpeak. Don’t act upset when that happens because it won’t be me.
I am poor for spend only 1€? Lmao, I spent +120€ / month but it's OK xddddddd

Second, míster pro, why you are here? R4p3=rape, use the brain please.

The Salty children make me funny.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
The Salty children make me funny.
Consider yourself salted and cooked, continue gaming and shitposting on the Internet (just not here).

Unfortunately, the majority of those remaining on the TeamSpeak platform likely enjoy shitposting since most of them are still users in denial that Discord exists.

e.g. "Discord sucks, no one uses that." - I personally admit to this mentality because I loved TeamSpeak so much. The venture capital giant Discord has won.

Meanwhile

Discord destroys TeamSpeak in search trends

TeamSpeak Profits will be gone in only a couple years, NOTICE Discord release in 2015.

Just for good measure, I will show you Skype is still very much alive compared to TeamSpeak and I hardly know anyone using Skype, like wtf.

The only reason YOU know anyone using TeamSpeak is because you use TeamSpeak.

Way more people, especially younger children know Discord and have no clue what TeamSpeak is or will never install the piece of shit.

See Compared breakdown by subregion on Google Trends for TeamSpeak, Mumble, Skype, Discord - United States, Past 12 months - https://trends.google.com/trends/explore/GEO_MAP/1559300400?hl=en-US&tz=240&geo=US&q=/m/03z9t7,/m/02x7h_d,/m/026wfg,/g/11cjpb9d52&sni=3

In doing some reflecting, perhaps I should not try saving TeamSpeak because the vast number of users that have run into my forum over the past 5 years are mostly gaming software users that beg for help/software. Rarely do I find a talented developer, security researcher, and overwhelmingly the posts ended up everyone begging for everything.

TeamSpeak users are like ducks and this forum has been like bread.

RIP and thanks for eating holes in all our bread, quack off ;)

TS3Index.com alone has more than 40,000 servers registered so I'd like to know where the less than 10,000 is coming from.
Registered servers are not the same as active servers. There are less than 10,000 active servers and in comparison, there used to be closer to 100,000. We can lie to ourselves and pretend TeamSpeak is doing well, look at the graphs above.

You are gone too, all you have done is shitpost everyone on this forum.

The fact that you somehow think you can just simply buy a company with small donations from members. Yes, $10,000's are small to a multi-million dollar company.

Just their domain name has an estimated value of $95,928.59.

I rather have you invest in a (new)developer team and make a similar application with the money received. This is non-sense and deep down you know that.
I received $100 within 24 hours and every cent is going into acquiring TeamSpeak's software - not their logos, not their buildings, not ANYTHING ELSE - JUST THEIR SOFTWARE LICENSING/CODE. I do not even care about the domain because everyone knows TeamSpeak as having a terrible interface. A new name would probably be better after our dev team does an overhaul on the UI/UX to make everything simpler for new users. I would say $100 is good considering most people do not trust using Stripe on our website because they think we are going to take cards and run which we have never done in all 5 years running. When we accept PayPal again, I expect funds to uptick strongly.

If the TeamSpeak acquisition were to not work out, then developing our own platform would be an option. The time commitment and expense for building software to compete with around $20M+ Discord is going to be outrageous. This is why buying TeamSpeak's codebase and then continuing where they left off makes a lot more sense. TeamSpeak is much more complete compared to Mumble for example.

I am done debating the acquisition idea though, enough Internet for me. Should cancel my Internet bill and become a forest adventure guide. :cool:

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017
Hi, saw your video/email. I have some questions for @Asphyxia or any other staff on this matter,
1. what are the plans for the current employees of Teamspeak (about 53 to 58 if my information is correct, yes I have been digging) you fire most of them or all or none?
2. is development on ts5 or ts6 then be a continuation off existing code or you start fresh from the start?
3. when i use a Private VPN based in China and use there local search(like google but not google due to be blocked) and search for Teamspeak the first page/tab only contains 2 pages/links talking about discord and the others are only about Weibo Chat. also see Reddit post from 2 years ago about UAE been blocking discord and Teamspeak(source: : ).
4. according to youtube/youtube gaming, search only about 90.000+/- people searched in April 2019 for Teamspeak and Discord about 1.7 Million+/- (Google loves rounding numbers even for advertisers).

Also, a side note is it possible to get a lifetime VIP Thru Paypal or Stripe? since credit card rules and costs in my country are ridiculous(recommend Stripe since last month's PayPal terms changed, source: https://www.techspot.com/news/79545-paypal-new-refund-policy-has-sellers-up-arms.html).

Thanks
(fixed autocomplete text :) )

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
youtube/youtube gaming, search only about 90.000+/- people searched in April 2019 for Teamspeak

Discord definitely takes the cake, yes.

Current TeamSpeak employees would either be offered to join us, otherwise would have to find new jobs. We would only accept the most critical TeamSpeak employees like software developers and business development staff.

TS5 would be continued if we are able to test and see the platform seems feasible otherwise TeamSpeak 3 would be left as is but opened up to allow free server licensing for infinite slots/servers.

We will be opening up more fundraising donation options to accept PayPal, Bitcoin, and others. I am going to investigate all of our options today and tomorrow! Expect updates coming soon.

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
View attachment 2049

Discord definitely takes the cake, yes.

Current TeamSpeak employees would either be offered to join us, otherwise would have to find new jobs. We would only accept the most critical TeamSpeak employees like software developers and business development staff.

TS5 would be continued if we are able to test and see the platform seems feasible otherwise TeamSpeak 3 would be left as is but opened up to allow free server licensing for infinite slots/servers.

We will be opening up more fundraising donation options to accept PayPal, Bitcoin, and others. I am going to investigate all of our options today and tomorrow! Expect updates coming soon.
What would be employees paid from?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
What would be employees paid from?
Loans, fundraising (crowdfunding), and possibly investors e.g. we may have to consider doing kind of what Discord did for VC (venture capital) funding but I would prefer the community (us) own TeamSpeak instead of large companies.

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
I am not an expert but here is my opinion on this: I would say that TeamSpeak would not sell only their code base since it is their alpha and omega. Without it they are basically nothing.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
TeamSpeak would not sell only their code base since it is their alpha and omega. Without it they are basically nothing.
TeamSpeak is becoming less valued every single day.

Picture this:

Skype and TeamSpeak are battleships sailing in the ocean, they have cannons and people with guns.

Discord shows up with an aircraft carrier and begins launching all their jets into the airspace, effectively hitting Skype and TeamSpeak.

Ever since, Skype and TeamSpeak have been sinking and pumping water out but eventually the ability to keep afloat may go away.

Think about things like this: TeamSpeak is a problemed business with an array of difficulties. They are probably not profitable considering they employ ~50 humans and only make profits of between $800,000 to $900,000 yearly. If we split that pay evenly between employees, this offers a salary of $18,000 which is not even enough to live.

Even with their assets, I do not believe TeamSpeak is worth even a million dollars because their market is saturated by Discord. Yearly, TeamSpeak will continue hemorrhaging profits. Like a medical emergency where someone has a cut artery and blood is spurting everywhere, TeamSpeak is suffering from a financial crisis. I would say there is a business emergency caused by Discord evaporating their gamer market. If you ask any ATHP how their sales are doing, I am certain they will tell you sales are down for TeamSpeak.

I will be conducting some ATHP interviews to gather more solid statistics and overall providing further market research. I find hilarity in the way people on a TeamSpeak forum (we are a TeamSpeak focused forum unaffiliated with TeamSpeak Systems) are so quick to defend TeamSpeak. Is that going to happen? Yes.

After the ATHP interviews, I will post results.

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Few notes,
  1. Unlimited server/slot free licenses is not a good idea for profitability. Licenses are the only income for TeamSpeak (excluding merch), Yes the current prices SUCK, all that needs to be done is prices put back to normal.
  2. Open Sourcing is a great idea, but I do fear how many bugs/exploits would be discovered and/or abused. Would need to do a full security audit of the source before so.
  3. Webclients, Yes, from what I know, the TeamSpeakLib is a separate library from the client and the server. This could be compiled to wasm and used in javascript webclients. (I think this is what they are doing with TS5 client)
  4. VC is maybe the right way, But can be a double edge sword. If you fail you lose the product to the VC's

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
Few notes,
  1. Unlimited server/slot free licenses is not a good idea for profitability. Licenses are the only income for TeamSpeak (excluding merch), Yes the current prices SUCK, all that needs to be done is prices put back to normal.
  2. Open Sourcing is a great idea, but I do fear how many bugs/exploits would be discovered and/or abused. Would need to do a full security audit of the source before so.
  3. Webclients, Yes, from what I know, the TeamSpeakLib is a separate library from the client and the server. This could be compiled to wasm and used in javascript webclients. (I think this is what they are doing with TS5 client)
  4. VC is maybe the right way, But can be a double edge sword. If you fail you lose the product to the VC's
Dont they also provide client/server SDK as voip integration for example for games?
If you opensource project the income from licenses would be worthless as people would fork it and create alternative VOIP client with unlimited slots etc without licensing

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I think what no one is understanding is I am talking about making TeamSpeak as a VoIP platform FREE for all gamers to use (personal use $0 with unlimited servers/slots). With feature enhancements, security hardening, and modern UI/UX by artists that make things simple and beautiful like below.

XWpVQYR.jpg

Having someone that knows how to lead UI/UX can make a major difference in your application. TeamSpeak software could look better on both desktops, mobile clients, and their web client. Second to making breathtaking improvements to TeamSpeak, the codebase can be forked and utilized for: voice dating apps, emergency dispatch with built-in VoIP support (SIP, etc) to bridge Cisco phones and other useful features to expedite emergency dispatchers, and there are so many implementations of VoIP that are far profitable using TeamSpeak that do not involve charging gaming users money. How would TeamSpeak itself be profitable? By restoring value to the brand (if we keep the brand name), increasing market share, and all of this requires CUTTING prices.. in my opinion making the software completely free and much better than ever before! Could people pay money.. yes, for business use. BUSINESS LICENSING! This is where all the money is anyways, you're not going to get loaded by charging clans of World of Warcraft kids. You make a $10,000 contract with a company to use your VoIP software and expand upon its capabilities so it can handle everything including VoIP phones!

I do not believe TeamSpeak 5 alone is going to save them, not even slightly. Bad marketing, slow progress, and their value is going down daily as Discord gains the market share. Amazon was going to be named Relentless (clicky this). The CEO was so focused on lowering profit margin to gain market share which eventually leads to having a strong market advantage. TeamSpeak is doing things bass ackwards. They have no fucking clue! Time for someone to step in that knows how to run a tech company in 2020. Time to buy them out because everyone at TeamSpeak has no damn clue, including dante696, their CEOs, and really everyone there. Bold statement? Yes, I have talked to a lot of their team though and I know they have no idea.

I have little faith in TeamSpeak's UI/UX team since they are making something like:

Jimmy: Hey guys just wondering what is going on today? ---------------------------------------------------------[11:11:11]
Tom: Yeah, not much umm chilling. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[11:12:00]

Do you realize this is the worst ever placement of timestamps in the history of all text communication?

Can we please realize how very dumb this is? Place timestamps to the top or the the left. Those are the only two options I am comfortable with at least. We are not Arabic, we do not read from right to left. Timestamps are kind of useful to be able to find quickly. Looking far right feels very unnatural.

Last edited:

Psychopathia

Jan 18, 2016
You're asking for help regarding money but yet you don't know if Teamspeak is gonna accept the offer right? Imagine that people donates and then they refuse. What about the money that people donated to you? What will you do with that?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
What will you do with that?
There would be two options: continue raising more capital/funds until we reached an accepted offer or invest into a project from scratch that serves as a replacement to TeamSpeak because Mumble and Ventrilo lack too many features for users.

Whatever would happen with funds surely will be voted on, the community definitely could weigh in with their voice.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Also in case anyone does not believe I am actually going to contact every single ATHP:

U

User_56311

I'm trying to upgrade my account in the forum but always my cards are declined (in paypal they still ok and can be used). What do I do now?