Search programmer

FusiGames

Nov 17, 2017
I search a programmer to build a gaming panel for CS: GO, CS 1.6 and TeamSpeak3 game servers based on GameCP or TcAdmin, which builds a beautiful dashboard. I pay well.

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015
why you need an custom panel based on GameCP or TcAdmin?
edit standars styles of that game panels and its custom

kalle

high minded
Contributor
Oct 28, 2015
Wait, I want to make this clear.
Do you want something that is based on that gameCPs(edit of thoose) or you want same features like gameCPs but made from zero?

FusiGames

Nov 17, 2017
based on the gamecp but with an innovative / responsive design

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Wait, I want to make this clear.
Do you want something that is based on that gameCPs(edit of thoose) or you want same features like gameCPs but made from zero?
based on the gamecp but with an innovative / responsive design

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
There are many game server control panels existing:
I mean there are so many control panels and many of them have some sort of API hooks, it would not be too difficult to place a beautiful interface in front of one of these systems or just have custom themes made for them. It can just take a lot of time...

Some examples of interfacing at least login pages:
https://gamepanel.fragnet.net/Interface/Base/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/ (TCAdmin)
https://easygamehosting.com/account/cart.php?gid=1 (WHMCS)
https://aws.amazon.com/gamelift/pricing/ - with how simple AWS is to work with.. you could just wrap Amazon's API and be hosting right into their cloud - check out this pretty awesome tutorial: - there is nice info within:
Introduction

Be careful what you say, you never know what’s going to blow up — for better or worse!
I recently made this offhand comment on r/feedthebeast and was subsequently deluged with requests for a tutorial. In the spirit of contributing back to the great FTB community, I readily agreed to put together these notes.

Your goal is to host a Minecraft service that is scaled, dedicated and completely under your control; that’s fault tolerant enough to gracefully recover from most problems; minimizes admin time while running as cost effectively as possible. You can do that. Here’s how.

Overview
This series walks through all the aspects of hosting your own Minecraft world on AWS cloud services using:

EC2 to configure and run a dedicated linux Minecraft server
S3 to handle all permanent file storage
Auto Scaling to automatically bid and keep one spot EC2 instance running
SNS to publish notifications
IAM to manage and secure access to these resources
Audience
This series assumes you are:

running a local Minecraft server that you are going to transfer to AWS. Relying on a “known good” local instance of Minecraft, your modpack and world will eliminate half the guesswork later on about “why isn’t this working?”. You can always re-generate a new world once you’re up and ready to launch.
familiar with linux server administration. I assume you understand or are willing to otherwise learn concepts like ssh keys, init scripts, cron jobs, logs, and bash scripting utilities. (By the way, if you don’t know any of this, here’s a great learning opportunity with minimal risk and real tangible results once you get it working!)
willing to dive in and learn any/all of the AWS components referenced here using Amazon’s extensive documentation, examples and forums.
accepting that this is a learning experience that will cost you time and some money (but hopefully not a lot) while you experiment with what works for you.
understanding that I am just an alphageek who likes to mash stuff together. I am definitely not an AWS Cloud Giant, 10th level Initiate of the Command Line or Minecraft Modding Monk. Your mashing may result in loss of data, hours and hair. You may also see massive gaps and/or opportunities improving these works — please do contribute, but be nice about it.
Syllabus
We’re going to take a very deliberate path reaching our end goal, focusing on getting things working manually first, then automating once you’re happy with the setup.

Chapter 2 — Getting Started. Getting your AWS account setup, learning about Amazon’s server instances (EC2) and storage. Manually running your hosted Minecraft server on AWS.
Chapter 3 — Managing Minecraft [to be published]. Scripting to bootstrap, restore, start, stop and backup your Minecraft service.
Chapter 4 — Automating Deployment [to be published]. Using Auto-Scaling to bid then launch your Minecraft spot instance. Using Simple Notification Service to publish operational events.
Additional chapters may be added as needed.
---
next
---
This chapter focuses on the fundamental AWS components of your Minecraft service. Experienced AWS users can probably skim this chapter and proceed to the next one.

Amazon’s AWS documentation is fantastic so I’m just going to point you to various guides and tell you which steps to follow. We’re going to start with the Amazon EC2 Linux User Guide, which is your bible for all things EC2 and the best place to start with AWS.

Setting up your AWS Account
The Setting Up section walks you through setting up an AWS account, creating your security credentials in the Identity and Access Management service (IAM), generating keys, setting your default Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), and setting up a security group for the network.

In your security group, make sure you add a rule to allow access from all IP’s to port 25565.
In the Create an IAM User section make a Minecraft-Admins IAM group as you’ll be using this throughout the series for access control. Later, if you want to share admin duties with trusted friends, you can assign them to this group.
I used the default Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) for everything. If you know you need a custom one, set it up now.
Launching, Accessing and Terminating EC2 Instances
Follow the Getting Started section to launch, log onto and terminate your first EC2 instance. Do this a bunch of times until you’re comfortable using EC2 and the AWS Management Console.

As you get deeper into AWS it’s easy to accidentally rack up a sizable bill or to be nervous about it happening. Before going any further, you should setup a billing alert that notifies you if your monthly bill hits a specified threshold. Don’t worry about integration with SNS (Simple Notification Service), email alerts should be fine. I use >$40 for my alerts.
Launching a Spot Instance
EC2 offers spot instances where the hourly pricing is often significantly lower than standard prices. Read up on EC2 Spot Instances here and use the AWS console to bid for and launch an instance.

Once it’s up and running it acts like a regular EC2 instance in most other ways. The biggest difference is that spot instances will terminate if the spot price rises above your bid price. When that happens, the server will receive a notification and be terminated two minutes later.

Notes: Spot pricing can vary greatly depending on the machine type, region and overall demand. I had a couple of occasions where it was cheaper to run the next size larger machine or switch to a different region.

What Size Instance Should I Run?
I recommend the m3.large instance type with it’s 7.5Gb RAM and 32Gb SSD. It’s spot pricing currently hovers around $0.02/hr which translates to about $15/month if you keep it running 24x7.

Using S3 as a File Repo
All EC2 instances are ephemeral and any data stored on their local disks will be lost when the instance is terminated. For persistent storage we have a couple of options and in this case we’re going to use the easiest one: Simple Storage Service (S3).

Open the Getting Started with Amazon Simple Storage Service guide and work on creating a well-named bucket (these examples use “myftbbucket”). You’re going to treat this bucket as your master file repository for everything including your Minecraft directory, utility scripts and backups. Go ahead and create three folders at the top level of your bucket: “server”, “bin” and “backups”.

Next, you need to copy your local Minecraft server directory to the server folder in your bucket. There are many S3 tools available for you to do this. I’m a Mac guy and use a combination of AWS Command Line and Transmit. I’ll leave the choice of GUI S3 tool up to you, but you really want to install the command line at a minimum. From your local machine:

$ aws s3 cp minecraft s3://myftbbucket/server --recursive
Manually Running Minecraft
Launch an EC2 instance and ssh into it. From the command line, run the following:

$ sudo mkdir /opt/minecraft
$ sudo chown ec2-user:ec2-user /opt/minecraft
$ mkdir /opt/minecraft/server
$ cd /opt/minecraft/server
$ aws s3 cp s3://myftbbucket/server . --recursive
You should now have a copy of your Minecraft instance on your server. Use your normal startup command to test it. The default for FTB is:

$ ./ServerStart.sh
If Minecraft starts correctly, you should be able to start your client and connect to it by finding the instance’s public IP on the AWS console.

Conclusion
As much as you want to keep playing, the server you have running now isn’t very fault tolerant. Play as long as you like, but you don’t have a way to keep the server running without staying logged in via ssh, and as soon as the instance terminates you’ll lose all your data.

That’s good enough for one day though! We’ll start fixing all that tomorrow. You’ve accomplished a lot getting this far and have all the basics in place to build on going forward.

Mirroring that info via quote due to.. preserving Internet gold lol.

Also, @FusiGames - my guess is you are wanting to start your own game server hosting with the custom panel. Keep in mind to cover all bases, for example you may need to purchase a server and host via colocation. Also, if you are asking someone to redesign/hook 2 systems together for 250€ when you will be taking their work and reselling it.. the chances of finding that programmer are fairly low.

1. Redesigning the two systems is going to likely take 2 full days of work (AT LEAST!) unless someone just wraps a styling framework around 'em like Bootstrap, Semantic-UI (I hate when designers slow scroll speed though), Foundation, Materialize, Material UI, Tabler.
2. Hooking the systems (API) together to work is going to take configuration/testing, likely a day of work.
3. This could take around a total of 20 hours give or take roughly 12.5€/hour but for most I am guessing this could take 30 hours or about 8€/hour.
4. Considering that programmers typically make $100,690 USD salary - your result is either not happening, will have security (or quality) issues, and reselling such a system will be a very messy setup - packaging this all together could take another day, let's round to 40 hours or around 6€/hour.

Last edited:

KissKiss

May 21, 2015
This is just a huge necroposting, as the thread is from 2018, however I'm placing my cents here:

Imho a server company/server owner should care less about appearing "beautiful" and care more about being secure and performant.
In this case I want to point out that so far none of the named panels over here are doing both efficiently, but Pterodactyl (and Pufferpanel if you enable docker support).

Using docker is something extraordinary for a gamepanel, because allows any customer to run whatever they want in their gameserver without caring of the host-machine security flaws that can be caused i.e. from malicious plugins or similar.

Considering that you can even customize your docker images in order to fulfill any requests, it is then one of the most flexible solutions out here but most people ignore those systems because they don't know how they work.

TL;DL Using docker behind a gamepanel is, in my opinion, the best choice a company/server owner can do in order to safely run any kind of gameservers without restrictions and performance losses. huge thumbs up for Pterodactyl.