Question about TS3 Ban

Jul 15, 2015
Hi !!
The TS3 Ban was (before an update) based on identity and IP.
After an update they was upgrade and called "magic" ban just because TS3 added a HWID ban with the identity and IP ban. (It was possible to bypass this with a simple HWID (with the volumeid tool from windows) ) but now the ban system change again (because i couldn't bypass the TS3 ban with a simple HWID changing)...

My question is : How to bypass the new TS3 ban and what is the news on the ban system ?
I try to find a solution but if i can get some help it could be cool : )

Jul 15, 2015
To bypass ban i do that :
- Change my HWID ( volumeid c: %random 4 digit % - %random 4 digit% )
- Restart my computer to refresh my HWID changed
- Change my IP with a VPN
- Launch my TS, Change my identities
- Connect to the TS where i was banned with the new identities
And now my bypass don't work. (it worked 1 month ago)

Edit : PS : I'm on windows 8.1 64 bits (but i tried on windows 7 / 8 / XP with VM)
The bypass work on the creation of the VM but after the new ban of my VM impossible to bypass with my steps.

XURY

May 9, 2015
First of all - Why HWID? The ban system is based on the Windows Product ID!
Secondly - If you mean that in v 3.0.18 they've added the HWID ban, you could try to change your HWID and clear your Product ID ;)
That should work :D

Jul 15, 2015
I didn't want to say HWID , yes just Windows Product ID probably.. : ) ... But with a change of Windows Product ID i'm not unban ... with changing volumeid too...

Edit : i'll try again to see if it work or no

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
What VPN are you using?,

also, could you tell us what server you're trying to join in?

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Looks like they have Blocked many popular VPN Providers

Are you using the free version of frozenway?

Jul 15, 2015
Ok, do you have some name maybe ? : ) I'll try with cyberghost

Edit : Okay, it work great with another VPN, The new version of TS (3.0.18) blocked some VPN to enforce their bans

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2015
That's not correct, The server you were trying to join in simply didn't respond to your requests
Why ? ^^ I test too on my server and the result is same as this server : 151.80.108.65:17855
So i don't don't think this is the server ^^
Edit : When i ping server with the VPN (it work) and when i tried to connect to the TS server it said to me ban message. (tested on my and the target server)

Last edited:

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Well, if the ping is not working, then you wouldn't be able to connect. It showed you a banned message. This means the server is running and responded to your request to join.
It checked your IP, UID and your Windows ID.
If you changed all three of those and use a VPN, they probably banned the entire IP-range of this VPN provider.
All you can do about this is using a different VPN provider

Jul 15, 2015
Well, if the ping is not working, then you wouldn't be able to connect. It showed you a banned message. This means the server is running and responded to your request to join.
It checked your IP, UID and your Windows ID.
If you changed all three of those and use a VPN, they probably banned the entire IP-range of this VPN provider.
All you can do about this is using a different VPN provider

Like i said, i tried in my own server (i didn't block any VPN on it) , i banned me and try to unban myself and result is same as the other server i just think it don't work with some popular VPN (like derp said) . I changed my IP, UID and my Windows ID (and reboot after) , of course.
I don't know if they ban all VPN provider IP range or if this is automatic but this is the only way ! thx for you help : )

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
well, obviously you are missing at least one point of the three..
Try to delete (save it) your Windows ID and connect again.