hello guys i will give you like a photo for myteamspeak badges

how much do you think it cost for a buyer in $$$

download.png

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
I think it doesn't cost actually so much.
All of this badges was freeware excepting test and may be sponsorship.

Proabably 10$ (test + sponsorship) + 5$ for activating badges :)

Yousef

Nov 16, 2017
I think it doesn't cost actually so much.
All of this badges was freeware excepting test and may be sponsorship.

Proabably 10$ (test + sponsorship) + 5$ for activating badges :)

do you think itsn't fair because teamspeak sponsorship code selling by 40 euro

and merch by 10 euro

and beta key by 5 euro

its not fair by most to sell it with "15" $

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
do you think itsn't fair because teamspeak sponsorship code selling by 40 euro

and merch by 10 euro

and beta key by 5 euro

its not fair by most to sell it with "15" $
Another question: do anybody really need that ?

Leave2Andromeda

ERROR 404
May 16, 2019
how much money do you think the account is worth

e3cbca8c0c3b7d4e8b9ccd7b28959b73.png

Yousef

Nov 16, 2017
how much money do you think the account is worth

e3cbca8c0c3b7d4e8b9ccd7b28959b73.png

hey there plenet

i think ur account is good but the problem is ...

no one look at free badges

i have another account have all of this badges xD

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I believe TeamSpeak is dying, proof via Google:
1606960228083.png

At one point, TeamSpeak and Skype were on the same level.

Now Discord has slaughtered TeamSpeak among other software.

Why? Capitalism wins or at least it suffocates other businesses that lack the level of competition available by shear force from an economic standpoint. Have a $1 business fund? Mumble. Have a couple hundred thousands of dollars? You get something like TeamSpeak 2. Have a mill or a few? TeamSpeak 3. What about tens of millions? Discord and then it becomes worth $2B in value, everyone else dies.

Go get $20,000,000 of venture capital funds and design a pretty meme-errific VoIP. You end up with Discord. People like the silly memes. People like simplicity. People like free. Scale the servers up, optimize, make it efficient.. and you have a VoIP app that takes over the rest. The web-based client works, their crappy framework desktop app works, and all their stuff - it just works.

It cost millions of venture capital funds but it is worth $2,000,000,000 and the guy used to work in venture capital funding himself so he had all the hookups and knew what he was doing. Jason Citron is a self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur that kept trying different business ideas out in his head until the right one gained traction (Discord). Now look at TeamSpeak. Hah!

Also if you think Discord just popped out of thin-air, nah.

Citron was just 26 years old when he and Cassley sold OpenFeint, their social platform for mobile games, to GREE, a social networking service, in 2011 for $104 million. By that time, OpenFeint had more than 100 million users, and over 7,000 games were integrated into their platform.

He made some other stuff called OpenFeint first, which lacked much of a backbone - if it really even had any. It was a hardly profitable platform that in my opinion was way talked up and sold for much more than actually worth. Citron had a "100,000,000 user" platform but have any of us ever heard of it? Probably not. Many users were probably bots of some sort, possibly even generated by Citron himself/company for generating more value to the company. If I may be totally honest, I think GREE got blindly scammed in a US/Japanese silly business deal - likely Citron had connections or in some way was able to pitch OpenFeint in front of a buyer that purchased rotten apples.

If it gives any insight into how badly run GREE is, their revenues went from 77B to 70B in 2019.

As an example of how dumb GREE is, they took OpenFeint with a user base of 100,000,000 and had announced:
"Will OpenFeint analytics be available on the GREE Developer Center?" - pretty much my understanding is the answer was no. A $100 million dollar deal was made and they shutdown OpenFeint and launched this:
GREE Developer Center(グリー デベロッパーセンター)

Anyway, where is this going? Build an app, amass an audience of "100,000,000" - sell it for a $100M.. turn around and remake the next hottest VoIP app. It worked for Citron and in my opinion Discord still lacks a lot of interoperability, for example imagine if they had a way to tie in Matrix ( Matrix.org ) or.. host your own servers that still require a centralized account authentication service on the server-side, to require licensing if you host your own (business-use).

Very many ideas to toss around, unfulfilled market areas..

PS. last point I'd like to make, Citron's original idea was literally a complete copy of Bejewled (this is OpenFeint / Aurora Feint.. OpenFeint is just the social media platform they made as a dev toolkit of sorts for games to have social media built-in):
1606961708673.png

Only different is they applied more of a classic dungeon-theme to the whole thing. It felt slightly like an old-school dragon/dungeon style of Bejewled. Then from amassing an audience, they tied a social media platform into their game and got a bunch of developers tying the social media platform into other games through their API. It seemed "way cool" but it turned out to be a major nightmare for any devs that tied the platform into their games when suddenly the WHOLE platform tipped sideways amidst the sale of OpenFeint / Aurora Feint. So the enlighten the world on how Discord came to be:

Jason remade Bejewled, sold it with cofounder Danielle Cassley but if I remember correctly - Danielle was more of the game creator where Jason was the "business brains" - pretty sure Jason took the most of the $100M cash and "paid off Dani" like she was just a developer. Kinda somewhat maybe a face-slap in my opinion. Then again, isn't business usually selfish? Sure as hell can be. The 1% don't share their mansions with the public, do they..

So, that is all. Citron took old ideas with a game dev gal, got things hyped up. Added a few ideas for social media spreading and then laughed to the bank.

Now Discord is under Citron's control valued at $2B. When and if he sells it, how might the next company value your privacy? How does Discord currently value user privacy.. lot to think about. :D I'm doooooneee

Last edited: