Solved Ping spoofing under linux

BERNARDO

Sep 21, 2015
Hello R4p3.net team,

I was wondering, if it is possible to spoof the ping on a teamspeak server under linux.
With Cheat Engine it doens't work, because Cheat Engine doesn't work under linux.
Can anyone help me?

With best regards
BERNARDO

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
"spoof the ping on a teamspeak server "

Could you please describe what you're trying to achieve?

BERNARDO

Sep 21, 2015
I'm trying to change my ping on teamspeak [Client | Linux].
And I already know that Cheat Engine doesn't work.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Indeed I can :p. You can use scanmem and it's gui frontend Game Conqueror.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Just so you don't scratch your head too much. The lock function doesn't really work (it's sad).

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
If by that you mean you can't use game conqueror (i thought it would have worked on GTK2), then you have to use scanmem by itself.

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
If by that you mean you can't use game conqueror (i thought it would have worked on GTK2), then you have to use scanmem by itself

I see, well, I'll run it on my debian just to check if it works on GTK 2.x

BTW, If it doesn't work on GTK2.x I might make a tutorial on how to use scanmem to do the job without a gui (and then, merge it with @BERNARDO 's tutorial)

TuxCheater

Jan 14, 2016
Hi, I've noticed the increased traffic from here in our scanmem/GameConqueror traffic graph on GitHub. Thanks for that!

GTK 2.x is old. GameConqueror already has been converted to GTK 3. We have a problem with starting GameConqueror from the .desktop file (X) recently. From the command line (command "gameconqueror") it works. The fix is already committed. The master branch is at v0.15.4 + two bugfix commits. So it is safe to use latest code. Debian and Ubuntu still ship 4 years old 0.13 which is full of bugs.

Variable locking doesn't work reliably any more over multiple game runs because of Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) and Position Independent Executables (PIE). The universal elite game trainer ugtrain addresses that and also support dynamic memory by API hooking of malloc(), free(), etc. It runs the game itself and therefore it also doesn't require root privileges for ptrace().
See: https://github.com/ugtrain/ugtrain

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Code:
sudo apt-get install gameconqueror
Hello, I have tried this method on my own server, aswell as a server running on localhost. I always get a value to my current ping, but it never goes to a changing value. I am running archlinux latest and teamspeak latest (stable), I tried the terminal version (scanmem) aswell as gameconqueror.
Are there any tricks to getting this right? I am able to do this properly on windows.

Last edited by a moderator: