Packet Loss via Query

PaXe

May 17, 2017
Hey!

I'm not quite sure if this is the right Forum for this, if not please move it to the right one!

I'm trying to create a querybot that detects a bad connection and moves you away.
And in my opinion the most accurate way to do this would be with the packetloss, however I can't find a way to get it via telnet.

Is there a way to get it with a telnet connection, or maybe get the values to calculate packet loss?

Or maybe someone has a better idea on how to handly this problem.

I already tried on the official teamspeak forum, however I haven't gotten any response.

Thank you!
~PaXe

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Or maybe someone has a better idea on how to handly this problem.

Why exactly are you wanting to do this?

If your server is DDoS attacked, everyone will go into this channel perhaps..

Also, you may have to use something else like a framework/plugin because I do not think query provides packet loss info - sorry.

.. I checked the documentation for you and found "clientinfo" but that only shows nickname, version, and such. No packet loss ;[

PaXe

May 17, 2017
Why exactly are you wanting to do this?

If your server is DDoS attacked, everyone will go into this channel perhaps..

It has nothing to do with DDOS.

I got a request to code a QueryBot for one of the many TeamSpeak radios that are out there and they wanted something to automatically stop the live commentator in case his connection suddenly gets worse and stuff like that -- So now I'm trying to find a way to do this, maybe I'm going at it the wrong way it's just that a querybot was the way that came to mind first.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
it's just that a querybot was the way that came to mind first.
Query alone is incapable of finding this information. Does the solution have to be server-side or could you develop a TeamSpeak plugin that the host/admin runs?

PaXe

May 17, 2017
Does the solution have to be server-side or could you develop a TeamSpeak plugin that the host/admin runs?
I guess anything is fine as long as it does what he wants, however something that runs on a server would probably be better since otherwise everyone of the hosts will have to install the plugin and that's not really a "clean" solution in my opinion, however if there's nothing else that's probably what i'll have to do.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
if there's nothing else that's probably what i'll have to do

Well I am unsure of any way to acquire packet loss of different clients honestly.. this sounds like an atypical request. From my understanding, TeamSpeak mostly only has support for acquiring generic server statistics like the average packet loss as pictured above.

This may be more painful that likely planned. I wish I could be of more help but I do not think TeamSpeak has anything built in, (programming/scripting) you may have to consider the idea of finding an alternative route to the data than query.. sorry for the news. Maybe someone else here has worked with this but I think TeamSpeak does not make the info easy to acquire programmatically.