FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
Hello all :)

I want buy server for start.
Seeing to SoYouStart.
I register on their website, but on create order- getiing message Customer account not valid
What i must do and how to delete VAT from order (I'm not from the EU)

Sorry for bad english ;)

6xPink

VIP
Mar 25, 2016
Hello FromLondon, The reason why your account is saying Customer account not valid is because your are under validation order of So You Start therefor meaning that sooner or later they will be asking for a proof of identification also VAT can not be removed from your order unless you are a company.

Hope this helps :)

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
Hello FromLondon, The reason why your account is saying Customer account not valid is because your are under validation order of So You Start therefor meaning that sooner or later they will be asking for a proof of identification also VAT can not be removed from your order unless you are a company.

Hope this helps :)
Thankful)
Say your feedback about their defense, whether they are very different from OVH Game from the official site

6xPink

VIP
Mar 25, 2016
Hello FromLondon, Their defence mechanism is the exact same protection as OVH the only downside to SYS is they offer lower speeds and they do not support Windows OS Installation services which of course is a bit devastating :(.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me ?

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
Hello FromLondon, Their defence mechanism is the exact same protection as OVH the only downside to SYS is they offer lower speeds and they do not support Windows OS Installation services which of course is a bit devastating :(.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me ?
Well, who would ever want to use Widlows on any server? :D

Datalow

May 17, 2016

It's not exactly the same Protection.

As you can see the SoYouStart Game DDoS Protection does not support Permanent mitigation.
Only Automatic mitigation.
This can Cause some laggs /disconnects when a DDoS Attack Starts.

And it's possible to install Windows on a SoYouStart server.
OVH does not Provide an Image for this but use Google for 5 Min. and you will see: you can install Windows on your SoYouStart Server.

Greetings

6xPink

VIP
Mar 25, 2016
Hello Datalow, I specifically said the defence mechanism not the actual protection and i didn't know they supported it currently haven't been customers with them for like 3 months now and before they did not support Windows OS Installation. And in all honesty there protection is the same no matter if it's permanent or automatic protection each one is the same. Permanent is always on mode via the firewall infrastructure equaling all packets on the net always going through the filer where as automatic is just sensoring the bad packet's either way in anyones eyes there protection is still exactly the same whatever way you put it.

Datalow

May 17, 2016
SoYouStart still supports no Windows.
But there is a way to install Windows Nevertheless.
Just use Google.

And you can be Sure that you can feel the difference between the Permanent and Automatic mitigation.

6xPink

VIP
Mar 25, 2016
Hello Datalow, Yes you are correct you can feel the difference but as said previously the mitigation system is the exact same the only difference is waiting a couple of seconds.

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
It's not exactly the same Protection.

As you can see the SoYouStart Game DDoS Protection does not support Permanent mitigation.
Only Automatic mitigation.
This can Cause some laggs /disconnects when a DDoS Attack Starts.

And it's possible to install Windows on a SoYouStart server.
OVH does not Provide an Image for this but use Google for 5 Min. and you will see: you can install Windows on your SoYouStart Server.

Greetings
Datalow, say, some lags/disconnects will be only on start attack or all along of ddos ?

Datalow

May 17, 2016
I can say from my own experience that it's only in the first 30-60 sec. after the Attack has launched.
But in this time you get some disconnects or heavy packet loss (i've lost 1000 of 5000 Users in this time).
After the mitigation kicks in the attack is blocked in a few seconds.

Thats just my own experience.
I moved all Ts3 Servers to a "Real" Game DDoS Server and the Problem was solved.
This is some months ago - so maybe something has been changed at SoYouStart.

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
I can say from my own experience that it's only in the first 30-60 sec. after the Attack has launched.
But in this time you get some disconnects or heavy packet loss (i've lost 1000 of 5000 Users in this time).

I moved all Ts3 Servers to a "Real" Game DDoS Server and the Problem was solved.
Thank you for feedback.
I plane to try SYS, and then move to server with permanent mitigation :cool:

Datalow

May 17, 2016
Give it a try :)
The Servers and the Protection are great !
The biggest advantage of the "Real" Game DDoS Servers are the 256 IP's (only setup fee's).
With SoYouStart you only get 16 IP's and if you need more you have to Pay for them Monthly.

Let us know how you decided :)
Greetings

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016

Last question, i`m 17 years old (not adult).
Will they confirm the identification if I provide a scan of the passport and a scan of the bill for electricty with the name of my mother ?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I used to have a SYS GAME server, never had downtime due to DDoS attacks. The protection is permanent for GAME servers. I now have a OVH GAME server, only reason is that it was cheaper on black friday. It offers the same permanent game mitigation for TS3.

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
That's so unfortunate... :D:eek:
I sent them document scan of my parent, waiting validation)
16395667.gif

XARON

get over here!
Restricted
Nov 24, 2016
If you attack another server to your server, you can enable mitigation. No need permanent mitigation :) But windows license so expensive.