OVH firewall?

ThakiVagyok

Jan 8, 2016
Dear Users,

Today I bought one VPS from OVH, but when I get DDoS attack the server's packet loss going high.
I tried permanent and automatic mode, but same the same problem.

Is there someone who's got experience with it? Could someone help me to configure OVH's firewall?

I look forward for your kind response!
Thanks.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
The VPS's firewall is shit, there's nothing to be done. You need the OVH anti-ddos game protection, which comes with dedicated servers.
Where are you from, europe or NA?

ThakiVagyok

Jan 8, 2016
The VPS's firewall is shit, there's nothing to be done. You need the OVH anti-ddos game protection, which comes with dedicated servers.
Where are you from, europe or NA?
Yes, from Europe.
Could you recommend me a good and cheap protected hosting in the EU?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Yes, from Europe.
Could you recommend me a good and cheap protected hosting in the EU?
For Europe, theres are a couple. As long as you go with a ovh anti-ddos game protection you will be allright.
Be careful tough, some of the hosts listed here are CLEARLY overselling. If you are in doubt, just ask the question here.

By preference, I would recommend to stay away from everything that is Voxility (blazingfast.io & others).

willy

May 4, 2016
The vps game hosters are not serious. I was staying at dedishop, and my servers cut each day. They do not guarantee SLA, it is not professional. So I invested a dedicated server soyoustart, and runs wonders. We are never better served than by ourselves.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
The vps game hosters are not serious. I was staying at dedishop, and my servers cut each day. They do not guarantee SLA, it is not professional. So I invested a dedicated server soyoustart, and runs wonders. We are never better served than by ourselves.
You can't generalize because of one experience with one host, all VPS game hosters are different.

Gazda

Restricted
Oct 2, 2015
buy game Dedicad server and peaceful you

I have it already 6 months and no DDoS

chuga2

Restricted
Jul 16, 2016
For Europe, theres are a couple. As long as you go with a ovh anti-ddos game protection you will be allright.
Be careful tough, some of the hosts listed here are CLEARLY overselling. If you are in doubt, just ask the question here.

By preference, I would recommend to stay away from everything that is Voxility (blazingfast.io & others).
all vps hosted in Voxility is shit

chuga2

Restricted
Jul 16, 2016
Dear Users,

Today I bought one VPS from OVH, but when I get DDoS attack the server's packet loss going high.
I tried permanent and automatic mode, but same the same problem.

Is there someone who's got experience with it? Could someone help me to configure OVH's firewall?

I look forward for your kind response!
Thanks.

VPS FROM OVH = SHIT

Recommended : https://www.nfoservers.com/