New TeamSpeak forum

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
1. LET ME START WITH : THIS IS HAPPY NEWS!! I am honestly happy about this and think this is wonderful. But let me shit on the ice cream also.

2. (Shitting on ice cream)

And... TeamSpeak still sucks because https://community.teamspeak.com/u/admin-login

Now how might we use this? If you know their admin email: pop and pwn - I obviously suggest not doing this but merely an example case since they highly unlikely use 2FA. If they do, spear me and crown them safe. Their mileage shows otherwise.

https://community.teamspeak.com/about displays:
1579119318921.png

Who is matt.evil?

1579119365225.png

Cool, hi Matt!

Off to the Google cloud they go http://102.230.66.34.bc.googleusercontent.com/

Waste of freakin' money, I promise.

1579119781480.png

Assuming they are running on Google standard tier, we are going to see pricing of..

$40 for 500GB of traffic, this is just the bandwidth pricing - charged in addition to the server itself.

Keep in mind if this traffic originates from Asia, they are going to see a bump in bandwidth charging.

Using a host that sticks per GB bandwidth charges on bandwidth can definitely be a money burning decision.

With all of TeamSpeak's push for going to the cloud lately, I cannot believe how much money they are spending for such little returns on their end.

I am totally unaware of any worthwhile revenues they are incurring from others - if someone is aware otherwise definitely shout at me!

They do however have their Google server using key-based authentication: 34.66.230.102 (port 22/SSH). Nice work there, my mind is completely blown at how a company that was so large and is quickly evaporating can repeatedly suck with security so badly.

When they take security seriously, I will too. Just my honest thoughts.. meanwhile I am still dev'ing CipherSpeak since they seem to have their mind set on pulling things to the cloud when they can't even secure fucking dedicated systems of their own. Who is the cloud security architect? None.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
One last note, Discourse as a forum is a nice option so I am happy to see them moving away from vBulletin. It is free and works quite damn well..

Fuck it, I might switch to Discourse.

1579123995884.png

Seems legit af

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
An example of gathering intelligence on a Discourse forum:

Enumerate that number 12 downward or upward, collecting all usernames within threads.

This allows you to triangulate roughly when users joined - minimums if that makes sense.

Further intel gathering:

Let's swap that username off:
https://community.teamspeak.com/badges/4/leader - ahh, all leaders.

You get the idea, can also see most recent editors on their forum:

1579201094446.png

For example, they have 502 views on a main post from 1 day ago. That's JACK sh&****t for something that TeamSpeak is appearing to be.. as large as.

In simple terms, if TeamSpeak only has 502 views on their welcome/greeting post in over 24 hours - they are screwed imho.

Time will tell, the only reason people are dedicated/loyal to TeamSpeak is due to nostalgia. What TeamSpeak was... not what it currently is nor is becoming.

We will see that :) but feel free to watch the chihuahua ankle biter dog try attacking the lion (Discord). It is going to suck and I am saying that with some optimism, the real story is going to be worse.

They keep promising people stuff, now suddenly there is this "We are publishing a roadmap with where we are."

Maybe they should have published a roadmap instead of giving everyone little picture puzzle pieces a long time ago and teasing their attentive audience. They lost my genuine attention, their leadership has derailed..

Fennec

Jul 24, 2016
One last note, Discourse as a forum is a nice option so I am happy to see them moving away from vBulletin. It is free and works quite damn well..

Fuck it, I might switch to Discourse.

Seems legit af

It looks cool but it is not very powerful of what it can actually do.