Sep 5, 2017
Software:
Netsparker Professional 5.3.0.24388

Screenshot:
FqiGYYP.png

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!mJs3VS6a!m8WXh8oqy41a-bgcE1JiA_ddnnREHBPRva-lWEk5juU

Virustotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...5858b0ca46c8840102f6f8d5c2d7ae5d6ec/detection

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
plz halp XD
I would never run someone else's files on a Windows OS, only inside of a VM with unimportant information.

Multiple possible reasons for the virus alerts:
1. File(s) could be packed using a packer: http://www.webtoolmaster.com/packer.htm , https://www.pelock.com/ , and other similar packers sometimes are used for malicious software and then detected as malicious simply for using a packer.
2. Sometimes software like key generators and cracked components are obfuscated to protect the cracker's method(s) from being patched.
3. Occasionally someone will infect this type of software, or take someone else's cracked software and infect it.

No matter what, I would at least analyze the software to check for outbound connections in a virtual environment before running on your own OS. Then if you verify in a virtualized environment that you are not added to a botnet, only then would I consider the idea of running the software. ;)

h0nus

Jun 20, 2018
I want to say, this securityflaw member has share many malwares from others cracks.
Also on Raid forums he did.
If you want clean file you can get it on raid forums as it has ben scanned and i've done the setup+patcher with Inno Setup.
Stop trusting this leecher&lamer.

Cheers

Lol you realize most shared downloads are reshared from many sources??
I know, but if you want to be infected, then, download this lmao

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
be infected, then, download this lmao

That is a risk taken any time an executable is run from anywhere.

If any of these are being infected with intent, you would think the Virus Total detections would be somewhat hidden or otherwise obstructed.

Don't want to get infected? Pay for the software license or know how to analyze software e.g. using forensics tools and packet analysis (Wireshark).

h0nus

Jun 20, 2018
That is a risk taken any time an executable is run from anywhere.

If any of these are being infected with intent, you would think the Virus Total detections would be somewhat hidden or otherwise obstructed.

Don't want to get infected? Pay for the software license or know how to analyze software e.g. using forensics tools and packet analysis (Wireshark).
yeah of course, i agree.

DanyB

Jul 17, 2017
I would never run someone else's files on a Windows OS, only inside of a VM with unimportant information.

Multiple possible reasons for the virus alerts:
1. File(s) could be packed using a packer: http://www.webtoolmaster.com/packer.htm , https://www.pelock.com/ , and other similar packers sometimes are used for malicious software and then detected as malicious simply for using a packer.
2. Sometimes software like key generators and cracked components are obfuscated to protect the cracker's method(s) from being patched.
3. Occasionally someone will infect this type of software, or take someone else's cracked software and infect it.

No matter what, I would at least analyze the software to check for outbound connections in a virtual environment before running on your own OS. Then if you verify in a virtualized environment that you are not added to a botnet, only then would I consider the idea of running the software. ;)
yeah, I just wanted to make a small test, guess I won't xD

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
guess I won't

Go here https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Vulnerability_Scanning_Tools and search "Free", "Open Source", and "GPL". There are some great options that are free!

You will find free tools like Arachni, among others.

Keep in mind there are web application security (vulnerability) scanners, then overall vulnerability scanners. While they are somewhat similar, an overall vulnerability scanner can zoom out from focusing on the application and notice operating system weaknesses and misconfigurations.

In the event you'd like a vulnerability scanner and not just a web application security (vulnerability) scanner, I encourage:
OpenVAS via Kali
Nexpose (1 year) or InsightVM (30 days)

h0nus

Jun 20, 2018
I want to say my opinion.
OpenVas is really based only on static scans, not that good.
The only good ones are Nexpose (sometimes) or Nessus.
About Web Vulnerability Scanner, i think they are useless, as they are dangerous if used on production webapps/webservices, make many logs and are really heavy.
Those are not well optimized.
And cost a lot of stupid money.
Open Source ones are good, but are really full of false positives.
Just use burp suite community and learn by hand.
cheers

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Just use burp suite community and learn by hand.

It really depends what you are doing @h0nus - limiting yourself to one tool is not exactly a strong security posture.

Imagine going into a fire-breathing dragon fight with just a shield or just a sword (not both). Burp's main website actually highlights using sqlmap with their tool for example.

Depending on what you are hoping to accomplish, using at least more than one tool is not a bad idea.

For example, one tool that finds false positives and one tool that finds false negatives can sometimes help balance each other out in a more automated environment.

Then we know anything overlapping can be right away confirmed (or rejected), and vice versa.

Lastly, while performing security audits you want to make sure the tools being used are wielded by the right warrior. In simpler terms, know how to use all the shields and swords in your castle. If you have for example a lot of bows and arrows but no archers, you are very well fucked and the castle may burn or be overtaken.

Meanwhile, have plentiful bows and arrows with all the best archers and perhaps enjoy victory. Keep in mind, this is a very rough analogy of the posture of security. You need good analyst(s), engineer(s), and relevant staff to safekeep your organization, software, and all systems involved.

Security has many areas of focus but I will say (as many other), be preventive with security. There is no shittier feeling than being hacked and thinking "Fuck, what do I do?"

Probably know how to respond to an attack, but especially how to prevent them in the first place.

It's easier to keep a lion out of the hotel than get it out, eh? Just most people do not exactly try to keep lions out of hotels (nor hackers out of systems). Often, until it is simply too late.

If all you are doing is pen-testing, sure Burp Suite is not a bad choice to go solo but I would never recommend Burp Suite if you are attempting to achieve an autonomous network defense. Burp is a rather hands-on tool and at the price, a great purchase. I would also just make sure to invest in solid network defense, like build a DMZ among other network segmentation security. Perhaps a solid WAF (web application firewall) is not a bad idea if your business is heavily web-based.

tl;dr I agree with you but always remember to carry more than a knife into the desert.

Last edited:

h0nus

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah of course i was only talking about attacking web applications, 'cause that what Netsparker does.
But there are really few good web vulnerability scanners.
I work as cyber consultant (and i'm not the best of course), and now that i've a bit of knowledge on this, i know which tool can help me in getting a better view of a webservice/web app.
Totally agree with you, but what i meant was that there are too much people that run software without even knowing what or how to do by hand or doesn't even understand whats happening.
Btw this discussion is really limiting as infosec world is too big because it get over every technology side, from IoT to Mobile to Web to etc..

So someone should just get skilled more on (for example) Web Application Security and be less skilled maybe on application security (for example windows applications security about binary exploitation (finding buffer overflows, etc)).

Cheers.

SecurityFlaw

Sep 5, 2017
@h0nus, please stop talking shit at this point. You got the same idea for cracking a tool, and now you getting mad cuz anyone other goy done the same.
That's really poor man. Look forward and stop crying, please!

h0nus

Jun 20, 2018
Well, it's not for the crack it self, but you share infected files as well proven on RaidForums. :p

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Look forward and stop crying
A lot of people will complain, no matter what you do.

you share infected files as well proven on RaidForums
Where do you think this was proven on RaidForums? I see a positive reputation.

I noticed his account was banned for leaking from (ironically) a leaking website - oh well. That is something I have somewhat never understood with "leak" websites. People want to share the stuff everywhere, but if someone posts it somewhere else it suddenly becomes a war.

Kind of pitiful shit imho. Reminds me of back when torrent trackers started and there were battles about people crying "You are listing Pirate Bay and Kickass wtf m8"

The whole purpose of the Internet is sharing, not just from one single website. Websites can cooperate and work together, just many people want to take their fame and money.