looking for a VPN

SyntexError

//R4P3
Jun 29, 2016
Yo guys,
which VPN do you currently using and recommend.
- no logs
- fast connection
- high security stricts

best regards
syn

SyntexError

//R4P3
Jun 29, 2016
It's more then solved.. Found a thread about it but you can also post your currently using vpn.

SyntexError

//R4P3
Jun 29, 2016
People need your opinion to vpns again.
Do you think expensive Vpns are better then cheap vpns?

best regards
syn

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Sarcasm or what
He seems to be wanting a hosted VPN - hence me not mentioning open source and self-hosting.

TLDR; We don't keep connection logs, IP timestamps, session logs, or monitor your activity. We store when you last used Windscribe as well as the total amount of bandwidth.

They also have specifically chosen not to sell themselves out for $$$$ and to protect their service along with users.

... do you hate Windscribe or something lol?? :D

Kleberstoff

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Dec 29, 2015
I've been using Mullvad.

Speed was great, and their policies in general are great.
Feel like they deserve a lot more customers.

What ya think @Asphyxia?

Edit: Not to mention the awesome account creation.
No User supplied information.

U

User_268

Trash, they log the amout of device you use, so they do log.
Best VPN in my opinion is https://windscribe.com/
Seems like the biggest trash, they even log how much data you transfer lmao
Self-hosted VPN on any of the cheap VPS sites.
No, cuz it's easy for the police to catch you if you use your own vps.
I've been using Mullvad.
I don't trust them, because they obviously log when and where you log on. They restrict the amount of simultaneous connections.

With that being said, use https://www.perfect-privacy.com/

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
they even log how much data you transfer lmao
They log amount of traffic for business reasons, some companies do not say "You have unlimited VPN traffic" and this makes sense because bandwidth costs money. The equipment used to run servers needs to be billable, if they want to store AMOUNT of bandwidth, wtf that is fine..

It's not like they log
1.3.3.7 accessed https://someshit.com/c99-shell.php at 10 AM Feb5

You don't only use your own VPN, you find a VPN provider that takes cryptocurrency and pay with that method. Then you use ~5 other VPN methods for example RDP in a China box - Wuhan.. especially in an area highly infected with coronavirus so no one wants to go there to get IP logs.

After you have socketed through multiple layers, you are pretty much good.. especially if you are hopping countries. One down side? This can slow down loading times, because ping/latency..

But at the end of the day, what level of anonymity do you want? Want to only hide your IP, want speed, or what?

It all depends on what he wants to do with the VPN.

EVERYONE GO READ THIS SHIT.. https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

A VPN is just a glorified proxy like joepie91 explain. Socks on socks on socks on socks. Just fucking SOCKS/RDP/SSH/VPN.. wtf m8.

Build your own bullshit with many layers from various "anonymous" logless providers and pay using crypto. If at least one of them is honest, motherrfffkknnn win.

I must add: WHENEVER you are erecting/deploying a VPN server or otherwise anonymizing solution, always use a public WiFi with a spoofed (fake) MAC address. For example, deploy your 5 anonymous rdp/ssh/socks5/*vpn proxyshit.. using this public WiFi with a spoofed MAC. This maximized your anonymity potential, to have a truly untraced Internet experience. Pain in the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee n0r to setup, but then you r fking good ;) people only follow so many chains, lmao. If your proxy chain is long enough, someone might get bored asking Russia, China, Ukraine, Australia, and the rest of the damn world.

Last edited:
U

User_268

vpn IS FAKE AND TRASH
lmfao, i dont even know what to reply
You don't only use your own VPN, you find a VPN provider that takes cryptocurrency and pay with that method. Then you use ~5 other VPN methods for example RDP in a China box - Wuhan.. especially in an area highly infected with coronavirus so no one wants to go there to get IP logs.

After you have socketed through multiple layers, you are pretty much good.. especially if you are hopping countries. One down side? This can slow down loading times, because ping/latency..

But at the end of the day, what level of anonymity do you want? Want to only hide your IP, want speed, or what?

It all depends on what he wants to do with the VPN.
I don't know if all of those points are needed, for example perfect privacy has already proven that they do not log (https://board.perfect-privacy.com/threads/server-seizure-in-rotterdam.1575/), so I just trust them.

0x03D4D5

Oct 13, 2015
Trash, they log the amout of device you use, so they do log.

Seems like the biggest trash, they even log how much data you transfer lmao

I don't trust them, because they obviously log when and where you log on. They restrict the amount of simultaneous connections.

With that being said, use https://www.perfect-privacy.com/
I usually am not that active on forums; But this one post catched me to reply.

Private Internet Access - "Trash, they log the amout of device you use, so they do log."
- Logging mainstream data such as payment/transactions, traffic inbound/outbound, device count etc. is required to provide a good service. Without such information, the customer care department would slow down support tickets which would lead to higher prices, longer support queue and internal issues.
- On the other hand, logging highly depends on where the provider has his headquarter. Private Internet Access is based in the united states which is being forced to log specific data by the Fourteen Eyes*. Furthermore you should be checking if the country the provider sits in counts as an Enemy of the Internet*.
> So yes, Private Internet Access is trash but for other reasons than just "logging device info"

Own/Rent Server (VPS) - "No, cuz it's easy for the police to catch you if you use your own vps."
- Wrong. It depends on where the server is located and again, where the provider of your VPS has its headquarter and what infrastructure it has running.
- I did ask some providers which I'm a customer of, how they deal with privacy and one of them explained it this:
* This has been translated with google translator *
No network traffic is recorded on our part. With our service, we provide you with a KVM virtualized system to which - after appropriate security and password changes - only you have access.

We do not permanently record traffic with storage of the connection data and would probably not be GDPR compliant. Only our DDoS filters receive partial excerpts of the incoming data traffic at short intervals to fulfill your task. These are analyzed live and then discarded, and no storage takes place here either. Our analysis systems accumulate the traffic samples received and, if necessary, activate our protective infrastructure using BGP routing.

If activated, all data traffic is routed through our protection infrastructure and each IP packet is checked for its validity based on the TCP flags, packet size and content extract. Malicious packets are filtered statically and dynamically. The entire filter system works "live", it uses and discards the data received within a few milliseconds. In the event of activation by malicious traffic, the time of activation, the destination IP (i.e. that of your server) and the detected attack method are written to a database and the routing is adjusted accordingly.
> It is however true that it still depends on you if you believe and trust the providers - but hey, I may also ask you if you trust your best friend to not eat the last slice of pizza. Same thing, just another scenario. :)

Mullvad - "I don't trust them, because they obviously log when and where you log on. They restrict the amount of simultaneous connections."
- They say they do not log the following data:
  • traffic
  • DNS requests
  • connections, including when one is made, when it disconnects, for how long, or any kind of timestamp
  • IP addresses
  • user bandwidth
  • account activity except total simultaneous connections (explained below) and the payment information detailed in this post.
- They do have they headquarter in Sweden which belongs to the Fourteen Eyes.
> There are reasons to use this VPN, I'll post them later today.

Perfect Privacy - "With that being said, use https://www.perfect-privacy.com/"
- Perfect Privacy fails in the way that they sit in switzerland which is a controversial country when it comes to privacy. They do however signed for a cooperation with the Fourteen Eyes and therefore I wouldn't be happy using their service.

My Recommendation
ProtonVPN - Based in Switzerland
  • Owners of the world wide known Mail Provider ProtonMail
  • Independently Audited (source)
  • Does not log traffic, bandwidth, ip addresses
  • Accepts cryptos
  • Open Source Client
  • Mobile Clients available
  • Is not an enemy of the internet
NordVPN - Based in Panama
  • Does not belong to the Fourteen Eyes
  • Accepts cryptos
  • Insane amount of servers in different countries
  • Their website runs with a self signed ssl cert
BlackVPN - Based in Hong Kong
  • Accepts cryptos AND giftcards
  • 4096bit RSA standardized traffic encryption
Surfshark - Based in British Virgin Islands
  • Accepts cryptos
  • Supports multihop
  • High sim. connections (up to 20 afaik)
  • Their website runs with a self signed ssl cert

In the end, it's up to you who to believe, who to follow and what standards you like to feel good about your privacy. Those were just my 2 cents.
Good luck.

* Fourteen Eyes: Fourteen Eyes refers to the intelligence group that consists of the 5 Eyes member countries plus Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and Sweden participating in SIGINT sharing as third parties. The official name of 14 Eyes is the SIGINT Seniors of Europe (SSEUR), and it has existed, in one form or another, since 1982. Similar to the UKUSA Agreement, its original mission was to uncover information about the USSR. A SIGINT Seniors Meeting is attended by the heads of the SIGINT agencies, (NSA, GCHQ, BND, the French DGSE, etc) and is where they can share intelligence and discuss issues. While this group has many of the same members as “9 Eyes” it is a different group. Also, according to leaked documents, this is not a formal treaty but more an agreement made between SIGINT agencies.

* Nine Eyes: Nine Eyes refers to a group of nations that share intelligence, comprised of the 5 Eyes member countries plus Denmark, France, the Netherlands, and Norway participating as third parties. This group seems to be a more exclusive club of SSEUR and is also not backed by any known treaty, it is simply an arrangement between SIGINT agencies.

* Five Eyes: The “five” in the 5 Eyes refers to the five Anglophone countries that observe the treaty: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the US. The treaty has built upon its Cold War roots to become the basis for ECHELON, a series of electronic spy stations around the globe that can intercept data transmitted via telephones, faxes, and computers. Essentially, ECHELON stations can intercept data from transmissions to and from satellite relays.

It is important to note that the membership of these different groups is constantly changing in response to global and political developments. Furthermore, the knowledge we have of these groups has come primarily from leaks, leading to a fuzzy picture and pointing out how little oversight these intelligence agencies, who have access to near infinite amounts of personal data, are subject to.

* Enemy of the Internet: Every year, Reporters Without Borders publishes a list of "Enemies of the Internet," designed to draw attention to countries that disrupt the freedom of information with propaganda, surveillance, and censorship.

sources:

Last edited: