Looking for a channel activity tracker.

colarem

Jul 4, 2018
Hi there,
I run a fairly large ts community, we have a lot of private channels (some active some inactive)
At the moment I check the activity of some of the channels by checking who the channel admin is and when they were last online..

I'd like a way of tracking the last time a channel was active (last time a user joined it), so that I can more easily judge which channels should be deleted.
Maybe if there is bot that can stay connected to the server and create and update a list of channels with the last join date.. (Rather than a bot deleting channels automatically I want to manually delete channels)

I looked for a bot that can accomplish this a few months ago, but i could only find bots that delete inactive channels after a certain amount of time, With no apparent way to exclude channels.
I have yet to test any bots and plugins yet...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try?

I have no coding abilities, I'm but a simple graphics designing gamer with a ts community.
Currently the only bot/ plugin I use is the TSN Ranksystem.

Thanks. :)

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
(Rather than a bot deleting channels automatically I want to manually delete channels)
Sounds like you basically want analytics tracking on your server. This is possible but would likely be done using a bot that checks all channels for users every minute or so (what channel they are in). Doable, but would probably require programming to connect and monitor. Monthly, you'd likely want neatly sorted reports in your email? I am working on CipherSpeak but could see if I can squeeze in time for this - when do you want this by..

colarem

Jul 4, 2018
Supports features such as: White-list channels, deletion warning and much more. I used it for 3 years, no complaints.

White-list channels and deletion warning sounds like it'll be good enough.. I'll check it out.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Sounds like you basically want analytics tracking on your server. This is possible but would likely be done using a bot that checks all channels for users every minute or so (what channel they are in). Doable, but would probably require programming to connect and monitor. Monthly, you'd likely want neatly sorted reports in your email? I am working on CipherSpeak but could see if I can squeeze in time for this - when do you want this by..

"neatly sorted reports in your email" This would be perfect.
I'd like to get a functioning system for dealing with inactive channels as soon as possible.. But I don't want to rush or pressure anyone into working on anything new. XD
I have been managing fine for years without such a bot.. However, there is always room for improving the process.

I'll look into https://ts-n.net/channeldeleter.php , the deletion warning feature might suit my needs... I'll keep this discussion updated with my findings.

I do really like your idea of receiving monthly reports on channels activity in my email.
Reports could be shown simply like so:

CHANNEL NAMECHANNEL CONNECTIONS
Channel 153
Channel 223
Channel 30
Channel connections being how many times a user joined the channel.
OR
CHANNEL NAMEACTIVE, "YES" OR "NO"

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I'm also interested in this.
I will see about writing this bot for monthly reports. I am sure some people would like emailed reports on server usage. I will be making something like this for CipherSpeak anyway, so having it for TeamSpeak is good practice.