Longest time with server emulator without getting blacklisted?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Hello,

So I might be one of the many people here that is using the server emulator and am wondering how long it will take before I get blacklisted. I'm always shitting bricks thinking about it and even created an emergency plan to change the ip of the VM where the emulator is if a blacklist occurs. So I did respect the rules given by Supervisor to prevent from being blacklisted, but I was wondering: How long did you server emulator ran before getting blacklisted or for how long have you been running the server emulator? In what conditions? (Does anyone knows, how many slots, how many ppl connect on you server per day, etc...)

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
You can use the Elastic ip address service on an EC2 instance as a reverse proxy for your teamspeak server. I don't think you'll ever get blacklisted that way.
But then you could get your AWS account suspended if teamspeak were to act.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
You can use the Elastic ip address service on an EC2 instance as a reverse proxy for your teamspeak server. I don't think you'll ever get blacklisted that way.
But then you could get your AWS account suspended if teamspeak were to act.
Maybe I could do the same with OVH's failover ips? Anyone? lol

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Maybe I could do the same with OVH's failover ips? Anyone? lol
I don't know much about it but I don't think that would work as there seems to be only one front-end ip.
Yum ! The sad thing about that is that teamspeak may just blacklist your ip block after a while.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I don't know much about it but I don't think that would work as there seems to be only one front-end ip.
Yum ! The sad thing about that is that teamspeak may just blacklist your ip block after a while.
I believe you are correct, TeamSpeak 3 would threaten OVH with emails to suspend your hosting service and if OVH did not comply --- they would likely just blacklist the range. :p

We really should have a TeamSpeak 3 client which does not check a blacklist. I can't imagine that being very hard. The only problem I could imagine is that I think TeamSpeak 3 checks itself upon launch, which is annoying. We would have to break their security system or hook/inject.