Is TeamSpeak shutting down?

mkll11one

ServerGeek
VIP
Apr 26, 2016
The reason that i didn't switch to discord because the design is sucks & there is nothing that you can do to be special, everyone have his free server, bots. and now they are copying discord.
I use both.

TeamSpeak & Discord, but I use discord most contact with "clients" because I'm hosting "game servers" e.g :D

NNE

C++ priest
VIP
Jul 20, 2016
Discord is just another electron crap. And alternative clients aren't allowed.
IDK which licensing options will be available for new TS, but for now they're looking like ultra greedy crowd.

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
4 / 10 slots are for click to create server hosted by teamspeak, you can always host your own server with normal licensing if you want more.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
reduce license pricing then hosters all over the world
The problem is there are completely free alternatives. The market is dwindling away, no reduction on price is going to make everyone suddenly come back. They could spark interest in loyal users, but anyone with their heart established on a free service like Discord is not going to say "Oh, let's just pay for TeamSpeak."

In the same way, TeamSpeak has raised their prices in response to the competition of free services showing up and capturing parts of their market. They are noticing a decrease in market share or revenue loss and as a result have chosen to increase pricing to make up for their losses. This only reinforces the idea for people to LEAVE TeamSpeak. Bad situation, bad response, and bad marketing by saying "TeamSpeak 5 soon" for an entire year just about! This really breaks trust for an already established company... I understand missing a software release deadline by a few months but by almost a year?!?! Very meth, coke, homemade desomorphine... крокодил

you can always host your own server with normal licensing
99% of gamers do not know anything about starting their own servers. Sh1t, I would say less than 1% of gamers know how to navigate Linux with cd, ls, and cat.. if TeamSpeak wants to be competitive they are going to have to focus more on their B2B contracts (sell business VoIP packages for $2,000 deals) and release TS5 hosting free to the world. Without doing this, the flame is going out in my opinion. Only time can tell!

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Anyway if mumble gets nice client UI, TS will be instantly killed.
Fully agreed with you, the only thing Mumble is really missing is having a cleaner UI which they somewhat recently have released a newer UI that looks beautiful but there is still something missing. Maybe we can be a community to get everyone switched from Discord and TeamSpeak to Mumble - who knows. That is a good idea.. and could be profitable for us if we host servers - hah!!