IP FO

LeiToH

Dec 22, 2016
Hi, I wanted to ask you a question, about the IP FO OVH or purchased anywhere. I have ips in ovh can I use them in an Argentine vps?

XARON

get over here!
Restricted
Nov 24, 2016
You can use failover IPs for only on your attached OVH server.

null3d

Oct 9, 2015
You can not use them outside of the OVH network. But unlike the others answering in this thread, I will tell you the reason why:

OVH uses a VMAC system limiting their IPs to servers with that VMAC configured. Also the IPs are bound to a physical cable connected to a hypervisor/node/server which means that you can not transfer the IPs outside of OVH without OVH doing it for you.

fourwind

Apr 21, 2019
You can not use them outside of the OVH network. But unlike the others answering in this thread, I will tell you the reason why:

OVH uses a VMAC system limiting their IPs to servers with that VMAC configured. Also the IPs are bound to a physical cable connected to a hypervisor/node/server which means that you can not transfer the IPs outside of OVH without OVH doing it for you.

This is only partially true.
Yes OVH got such mechamism, but no thats no the reason why you cant use the ip address outside ovh, since theese machisms only exists within the OVH network itself.
The main problem is that you can only announce a /24 or "more" (/23... /22..) to be seen in the global routing table, and ovh would never let you announce their ip space.

Regards