Th3XeonPlat

Mar 10, 2017
Hello There, I'm A Web developer and linux system administrator, i was getting some ideas to help r4p3 or people using teamspeak in general but seems like no one interested.

so what do you think i should make/create that help people and r4p3 ( i hope it's not a died idea ) and thank you.

btw it won't be open source it will be remote hosted.

Th3XeonPlat

Mar 10, 2017
What type of remotely hosted solution would you want to provide? Like a bot or what..

any ideas would people suggest depends but i don't like doing open source stuff because some bad guys steal the source edit it and remove my license :p so i prefer it to be remotely hosted for 3 reasons.

1. to keep it always updated with new features and security updates & bug fixed.
2.not require you to install anything or doing any commands to set it up.
3. i think it will be more way safer to host it on my server.

at the end it's for free so yeah i'm just waiting for people to give me some ideas to start working on it if you have any suggestion or questions please replay and i will answer you as fast as possible :D

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015

Th3XeonPlat

Mar 10, 2017
The scary part is with automatically updating on other people's servers, this could basically be a backdoor.

I think there are a lot of services that could be developed though, like an IRC/Slack/Discord bridge for TeamSpeak.

Someone made something like this a while ago: https://github.com/ShaBren/tsbridge

This is a better TS3 example I think: https://github.com/phillmac/ChatBridge
people servers ?
it's not on people servers i said it's not open source which means it's hosted on my server only and you can control the service through a web application.

the services you sent are good but i don't want to make something that's already made or i will remake it but different also what is the point from using another chat with teamspeak while you can just use teamspeak chat i think irc and teamspeak is no point to compare but if you can contact me on discord i have an idea and i want to get your truthfully opinion about it :D

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
@Th3XeonPlat honestly, a smart idea right now would be to take the best IRCd (IRC Server) software, pair that with Mumble server. Get that setup to launch configured in a Docker.

Then develop your own custom client that connects to IRC for channels/chats, then have Mumble mirror those channels to offer a text and voice chat using IRC and Mumble for the backbone (server), while having a very beautiful client experience.

Having a desktop client, then finding a way to make a web client similar to Discord's would be helpful.

This would revive IRC somewhat, if not IRC then XMPP.

But if you really want to make something for TeamSpeak, that is hard because if TeamSpeak 5 really comes out then all plugins may change since they may not use QT anymore.

Anyway, if you want to make a TS3 service I would just make some sort of security scripts or analytics. For example, you could track user activity and automatically graph that via bar graphs.

Tom 40% online time
Jim 60% online time... etc.

P.S. you would need to bridge the permissions between the IRC and Mumble (e.g. operator, server admin/channel owner/etc)..

Th3XeonPlat

Mar 10, 2017
@Th3XeonPlat honestly, a smart idea right now would be to take the best IRCd (IRC Server) software, pair that with Mumble server. Get that setup to launch configured in a Docker.

Then develop your own custom client that connects to IRC for channels/chats, then have Mumble mirror those channels to offer a text and voice chat using IRC and Mumble for the backbone (server), while having a very beautiful client experience.

Having a desktop client, then finding a way to make a web client similar to Discord's would be helpful.

This would revive IRC somewhat, if not IRC then XMPP.

But if you really want to make something for TeamSpeak, that is hard because if TeamSpeak 5 really comes out then all plugins may change since they may not use QT anymore.

Anyway, if you want to make a TS3 service I would just make some sort of security scripts or analytics. For example, you could track user activity and automatically graph that via bar graphs.

Tom 40% online time
Jim 60% online time... etc.

P.S. you would need to bridge the permissions between the IRC and Mumble (e.g. operator, server admin/channel owner/etc)..
i'm not really sure you on teamspeak side or you hate them because the last few months r4p3 has been reporting bugs and vulnerabilities to the teamspeak team and i thought there is a connection between r4p3 and teamspeak some how because r4p3 is supported by teamspeak community and built up upon it.

for mumble and irc i didn't really test mumble before and people say that the client UI for it looks old and bad ,for irc i maybe used it it looks cool but i didn't use it so much time getting from what you said is you trying to support something else that is open source than the teamspeak but i'm really afriad to work on something that never get eyes to look on it it's a risk for wasting time and effort that's beside i'm not experienced with developing irc or C language or mumble stuff i only know php and java so i don't got the knowledge to start working on what you said.

but for the teamspeak i'll be working on query bots which will last long time because i got a lot of experience with the server query commands and stuff and for sure i will keep it up to date ( the service ) they seems are walking through every version 3.7 3.8 3.9 until they reach 5 on 2020 so yeah.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
know php and java so i don't got the knowledge to start working on what you said
That is okay, I mentioned open source alternatives is all. TeamSpeak is bleeding users, this is a part of why our community has slightly struggled (I believe).

We need to find new focus or topics that interest people besides TeamSpeak. But I think query bots are a great idea, they are simple to make and can be useful.

You could always just make Java and PHP query bot tutorials, that would be awesome!

Ukaros

Apr 9, 2018
yes query bots are great. we are still running a really janky and old version of JTS3 and (more or less up-to-date) Sinusbot. Ive always prefered the query bot for its stability and power but its just such a pain in the ass to setup and maintain.
So a simple to setup query bot with a nice webinterface would be an awsome idea imo