I need information about current situation with antiddos and ddos problems in 2019

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
Yep I spoke today with support, and if there happens any attack it will be filtered within 1 hour. Thats what they've told me
*Also if it is willn't be filtered they need tcpdump in attack time to fix.
OVH really becoming better with days

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Keep in mind guys, while DDoS protection is important - knowing where your data center is located and what the overall physical security is like should not be overlooked.

For example, a data center in Florida off the coast where hurricanes hit may not be the brightest idea.

OVH - uses their own data centers with barbed wire fencing

BlazingFast -
uses their own hardware inside of NFOrce Entertainment B.V. data center(s). The locations may include NL-1 | Databarn Amsterdam (DBA) NL-2 | Databarn Capelle a/d IJssel (DBC) NL-3 | Nedzone Steenbergen (NZS).

Personally, I like transparency and knowing more about the data center. Like I don't need to know everything about their security but do they have security guards monitoring cameras? ;)

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
Keep in mind guys, while DDoS protection is important - knowing where your data center is located and what the overall physical security is like should not be overlooked.

For example, a data center in Florida off the coast where hurricanes hit may not be the brightest idea.

OVH - uses their own data centers with barbed wire fencing
View attachment 1936
View attachment 1937

BlazingFast -
uses their own hardware inside of NFOrce Entertainment B.V. data center(s). The locations may include NL-1 | Databarn Amsterdam (DBA) NL-2 | Databarn Capelle a/d IJssel (DBC) NL-3 | Nedzone Steenbergen (NZS).
View attachment 1938
View attachment 1939

Personally, I like transparency and knowing more about the data center. Like I don't need to know everything about their security but do they have security guards monitoring cameras? ;)
You can have DDoS protection but you are not insured from your server stealing in one night :D

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
server stealing in one night
Yeah, "We are safe from DDoS guys!"

Well.. the guy traced my basement hosted server IP, busted open my house while I was gone, and he stole our server.

Bye bye server :cool:

Anyway, back on topic: DDoS protection is all fairly similar in that the key is to detect malicious traffic behavior/flags and then to ignore or vacuum up the traffic elsewhere than the target with "scrubbing". Here is a good example which explains how most cloud DDoS filtration works: https://www.corero.com/blog/724-benefits-of-real-time-ddos-protection-.html

Similarly, if we know certain packets should look like XYZ, we could just ignore non-XYZ packets. There are many ways to roll DDoS mitigation but I think having an engineer or two in this thread that works with DDoS mitigation from these companies would be cool. I will see if I can invite some haha ;)

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
Well I honestly want to try BlazingFast now as they're improved. But all that scene with those booters and promo codes before, it really looked very very unprofessional
Promocodes ? Can you tell more about this ?

U

User_38581

Similarly, if we know certain packets should look like XYZ, we could just ignore non-XYZ packets. There are many ways to roll DDoS mitigation but I think having an engineer or two in this thread that works with DDoS mitigation from these companies would be cool. I will see if I can invite some haha
I think HyperFilter really has some good DDoS Protection, especially with Teamspeak.
But Prices are insane

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Promocodes ? Can you tell more about this ?
Well theres some thread about why not to trust BlazingFast.
Its old one

Last edited by a moderator:

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
you think for team speak server people will pay 100-150 usd? and intact 150 usd and more for license?

better quit life if its for team speak.

dosh

Nov 19, 2018
Just go HyperFilter if you want god level protection. 100-150$ ;)
Xaron, HyperFilter is good but their total capacity is not more then 100gbps and since mirai botnet is going to be back you can expect that easly. So the price that they ask for the total capacity is not worth for me.

U

User_38581

Xaron, HyperFilter is good but their total capacity is not more then 100gbps and since mirai botnet is going to be back you can expect that easly. So the price that they ask for the total capacity is not worth for me.
Agree DDoS Protection is good, but capacity is too low, and when I talked to Agents I doubt that they will upgrade soon above that 100 gbit/s if ever. And yeah prices are insane, thats why they are so small

dosh

Nov 19, 2018
About the booter part and Blazingfast from what I know "management" and their "concept" has changed since that time they even ended their ukraine location. So they don't allow anything illegal but just like OVH has booter domains and is hosting them you only know of them when there are reports.

They also seem to had a big downtime when they were at voxility in 2015-2016 so some of you might have left because of that, they left vox at that time too.

PS: I like to know where I am too @Asphyxia so already searched a lot and asked them a lot of things :D

Last edited:

MwZ

Dec 27, 2016
Agree DDoS Protection is good, but capacity is too low, and when I talked to Agents I doubt that they will upgrade soon above that 100 gbit/s if ever. And yeah prices are insane, thats why they are so small

They aren't small the way you judge them to be, because their quality and support are thousand times better than what you expect from OVH and any other incompetent/suportless hosts over here... But yeah, it has to be paid, of course...

And well, people think that attacks are a small threat it seems "hey I get attacked by 200-300G", are you simply crazy ? If you're attracting attacks of this proportion, something is really wrong, and believe me, if you're such a problematic customer, expect that not 'too many hosts' will need/want you in their network. ^^

Last edited:
U

User_38581

They aren't small the way you judge them to be, because their quality and support are thousand times better than what you expect from OVH and any other incompetent/suportless hosts over here... But yeah, it has to be paid, of course...
Compared to the Living-BoTs they're very small :)
Their quality of protection doesnt have to do nothing with customer capacity.....