I need information about current situation with antiddos and ddos problems in 2019

justarena

Mar 29, 2016
Question #1
I need general information (confirmed) about the situation on the market for protection against DDoS attacks and attacks on projects.
Now is April 2019. I have not seen any serious attacks on my projects since the beginning of 2018.
But I noticed that the major competitors in the market in which I work are massively leaving OVH (AntiDDoS GAME) for other custom solutions to protect their internet projects, game-servers, whatever.

I want to figure out - why? Is this a coincidence, or I just don’t know about some kind of new attack that bypasses AntiDDoS Game?
If there are any attacks and they have already gained popularity - let me know.

Question #2

Are there any new "antiddos protection" companies which provide antiddos services with their VPSes or for example have their own networks or whatever with a good price?
Or there are the same companies as it was since 2013?

Name me please any company outside the list below which offer good DDoS protection with a normal price (normal price < 50$)

1. OVH AntiDDoS PRO / OVH AntiDDoS Game
  2. Voxility network (buyvm, etc companies)
  3. seflow
  4. fastpipe.io?
  5. x4b

Why do I asking all of this?
I wanna be on edge what is going on right now in DDoS scene and antiddos market for picking right provider (cheap (relatively)).
Because of looks like the antiddos game by ovh no more so great like it was for 2016 - 2018....

U

User_38581

still ovh game is ahead of time and every use it. if someone leaves he/she comes back.
Nope OVH is still shit

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Question #1
I need general information (confirmed) about the situation on the market for protection against DDoS attacks and attacks on projects.
Now is April 2019. I have not seen any serious attacks on my projects since the beginning of 2018.
But I noticed that the major competitors in the market in which I work are massively leaving OVH (AntiDDoS GAME) for other custom solutions to protect their internet projects, game-servers, whatever.

I want to figure out - why? Is this a coincidence, or I just don’t know about some kind of new attack that bypasses AntiDDoS Game?

Question #2

Are there any new "antiddos protection" companies which provide antiddos services with their VPSes or for example have their own networks or whatever with a good price?

Name me please any company outside the list below which offer good DDoS protection with a normal price (normal price < 50$)

3. seflow
  4. fastpipe.io?
  5. x4b
I wanna be on edge what is going on right now in DDoS scene and antiddos market for picking right provider (cheap (relatively)).
Because of looks like the antiddos game by ovh no more so great like it was for 2016 - 2018....
  1. Living-Bots
  2. sonicfast.io (they are having their own hardware and optimized protection for Teamspeak 3 server as I heard)
  3. hosteam.pl (but Im not sure about their nullroute policy and filter capacity since they don't want to tell anyone, but as I heard their filters are above solid for teamspeak)

Last edited by a moderator:

mkll11one

ServerGeek
VIP
Apr 26, 2016
  1. Living-Bots
  2. sonicfast.io (they are having their own hardware and optimized protection for Teamspeak 3 server as I heard)
  3. hosteam.pl (but I'm not sure about their nullroute policy and filter capacity since they don't want to tell anyone, but as I heard their filters are above solid for teamspeak)
btw the sonicfast.io (I did re-checked them, and they use ZARE)^^

Joxiii

Discord hater!
Feb 2, 2016
Nope OVH is still shit

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

1. Living-Bots
  3. hosteam.pl (but Im not sure about their nullroute policy and filter capacity since they don't want to tell anyone, but as I heard their filters are above solid for teamspeak)
Stop trash talking please.

Living-Bots is so bad... the ddos protection for ts3 is nice but only for big youtube channels for promotion.

I using OVH since 2016 and i never got problems with their DDOS Protection. It worked good every time.

U

User_38581

Question #1

Question #2

3. seflow
  4. fastpipe.io?
  5. x4b
  1. Living-Bots
  2. sonicfast.io (there are new, having there own hardware and optimized protection for Teamspeak 3 server as I heard

Living-Bots is so bad... the ddos protection for ts3 is nice but only for big youtube channels for promotion.

I using OVH since 2016 and i never got problems with their DDOS Protection. It worked good every time.
Aha yea of course. Then you didn't get hit from right person :)

Awlok

Jan 1, 2018
In my opinion voxility still a good option

Some providers:
xervers (PT)
Ginernet (ES)
myloc (DE)
krystal Hosting (UK)
Safehosts (UK)
BUYVM (USA) Need pay for protection

I have notion that there is more, however, I have provided only the providers I have tested

dosh

Nov 19, 2018
I used to use OVH but when you can't get a reply from them in 2 weeks due to a bypass....
So I have been using Blazingfast.io they have been improving the protection for teamspeak3 and the TCP/HTTP protection is amazing. Besides support that takes minutes or less

djalmasi

Sep 10, 2015

Well, then there was no "real" attack on you ... I was a client for almost a year. I voted for them for years. But they are no longer like they used to be. They do not pay as much attention to rebuilding and upgrading their firewalls as they used to. The smooth AntiDDOS Pro is virtually worth nothing. They can attack as they want. The direct VPS service was not available for hours because of the attack. I got the help to "solve it within the system". Well, thanks

U

User_38581

I used to use OVH but when you can't get a reply from them in 2 weeks due to a bypass....
So I have been using Blazingfast.io they have been improving the protection for teamspeak3 and the TCP/HTTP protection is amazing. Besides support that takes minutes or less
If you're using only teamspeak on server, TCP isn't a problem at all

dosh

Nov 19, 2018
If you're using only teamspeak on server, TCP isn't a problem at all
Yes I know I also got a website with them. Since people manage to drop it even with the 20$ plan and I don't want to pay 200$ at cloudflare so using their 25€ solution works.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
On that I agree 100% but OVH like said here already does not care much about updating their DDoS protection so new methods will hurt you and it takes them ages to even reply/block.

there was no need to dislike my previous comment. and my friend OVH does not give support for your application you have to do your self. And if you keep messaging them the more they ignore. if its hardware or some serious issue they do fix it ASAP.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
On that I agree 100% but OVH like said here already does not care much about updating their DDoS protection so new methods will hurt you and it takes them ages to even reply/block.
I used BlazingFast early 2016. Their server hosting experience was nice but I switched out to Zare, Vultr, and finally back to OVH.

I forget why I left BlazingFast but I have reasons for moving hosts, since migrating servers is no one's favorite thing to do. I know BlazingFast has decent DDoS protection though, but DDoS protection alone is not all that matters. If I remember why I left BlazingFast, I will post back.

The first host we used was
Russian - https://www.reg.ru/
English - https://www.reg.com/

They suspended and ultimately shutdown our website for exceeding resource usage from actual user traffic.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
I used BlazingFast early 2016. Their server hosting experience was nice but I switched out to Zare, Vultr, and finally back to OVH.

I forget why I left BlazingFast but I have reasons for moving hosts, since migrating servers is no one's favorite thing to do. I know BlazingFast has decent DDoS protection though, but DDoS protection alone is not all that matters. If I remember why I left BlazingFast, I will post back.

The first host we used was
Russian - https://www.reg.ru/
English - https://www.reg.com/

They suspended and ultimately shutdown our website for exceeding resource usage from actual user traffic.

like i said in my previous comment people come back to OVH for obv reason :) . i was also blazingfast customer horrible protection back 2015-16 but i have no clue what it is the situation now . should be good but not better then OVH :)