Tutorial How to update your TeamSpeak server

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Actually, it is very easy to update your server. Since its so easy TeamSpeak seems to have forgotten to make a small tutorial on how to update.
To make it simple: All you have to do is to overwrite your existing directory with the new files. Since all files containing sensitive data are only created when starting the server the first time, you will NOT overwrite any important data. Thats what makes it so easy to update your server :)

The two most common updates we see are the following:
  • All "3rd-point" updates (x.x.X.x) are pointing to expand the functionality of the program. Most of the times the binary and also some other files as the tsdnsserver or sql files will change.
    e.g.: Update from 3.0.12.4 to 3.0.13
  • All "4th-point" updates (x.x.x.X) have the purpose of making the program more stable (e.g. fixing bugs/exploits). The only file changing is ts3server(.exe) most of the times.
    e.g.: Update from 3.0.13.3 to 3.0.13.4
The tutorials below work for both scenarios since its overwriting all files except your data (database, pictures, ...).
  1. Your files should look like that if your server is running:
    af2d8fd013.png
  2. Now stop the server:
    30758ad536.png
  3. Download the needed files for either 32bit or 64bit (depending on what you need) here: http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads
  4. Move the downloaded zip file into the same directory as your current server
    948c919b3f.png

5. Backup your existing server by zipping it:
    7cd7270285.png

6. Now simply extract your downloaded zip by hitting "Extract here". When asking you to overwrite, press "All".
    5c78e51690.png

7. Thats it, just go into your TeamSpeak directory again and start the server. If nessesary the server will make a few updates to the sql database.
    If anything goes wrong, you still have the backup ;)
  1. Your server should look like this:
    a87fdbbcd2.png
  2. Go onto the Teamspeak website and copy paste the downloadlink you need: http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads (The button to the right of "Download" will copy the link to your clipboard)
    86e0d08225.png

3. Make sure you are in the same directory as your server (link below) and write wget +the link you got from the TeamSpeak website. Download the file.
    f55e9dce1c.png

4. Make a backup of your old server and stop it ( ./ts3server_startscript stop and tar cf teamspeak3-server_backup.tar.gz teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64 or _x86 if you run 32bit)
    c0873afe49.png

5. Unzip the file you downloaded. tar xf teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.0.13.4.tar.bz2 (change the name according to your file)
    52ae145dc0.png
  6. You are done! You may restart your server now :) ./ts3server_startscript.sh start
    e15f792108.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_omar

Jan 5, 2017
Actually, it is very easy to update your server. Since its so easy TeamSpeak seems to have forgotten to make a small tutorial on how to update.
To make it simple: All you have to do is to overwrite your existing directory with the new files. Since all files containing sensitive data are only created when starting the server the first time, you will NOT overwrite any important data. Thats what makes it so easy to update your server :)

The two most common updates we see are the following:
  • All "3rd-point" updates (x.x.X.x) are pointing to expand the functionality of the program. Most of the times the binary and also some other files as the tsdnsserver or sql files will change.
    e.g.: Update from 3.0.12.4 to 3.0.13
  • All "4th-point" updates (x.x.x.X) have the purpose of making the program more stable (e.g. fixing bugs/exploits). The only file changing is ts3server(.exe) most of the times.
    e.g.: Update from 3.0.13.3 to 3.0.13.4
The tutorials below work for both scenarios since its overwriting all files except your data (database, pictures, ...).
  1. Your files should look like that if your server is running:
    af2d8fd013.png
  2. Now stop the server:
    30758ad536.png
  3. Download the needed files for either 32bit or 64bit (depending on what you need) here: http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads
  4. Move the downloaded zip file into the same directory as your current server
    948c919b3f.png

5. Backup your existing server by zipping it:
    7cd7270285.png

6. Now simply extract your downloaded zip by hitting "Extract here". When asking you to overwrite, press "All".
    5c78e51690.png

7. Thats it, just go into your TeamSpeak directory again and start the server. If nessesary the server will make a few updates to the sql database.
    If anything goes wrong, you still have the backup ;)
  1. Your server should look like this:
    a87fdbbcd2.png
  2. Go onto the Teamspeak website and copy paste the downloadlink you need: http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads (The button to the right of "Download" will copy the link to your clipboard)
    86e0d08225.png

3. Make sure you are in the same directory as your server (link below) and write wget +the link you got from the TeamSpeak website. Download the file.
    f55e9dce1c.png

4. Make a backup of your old server and stop it ( ./ts3server_startscript stop and tar cf teamspeak3-server_backup.tar.gz teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64 or _x86 if you run 32bit)
    c0873afe49.png

5. Unzip the file you downloaded. tar xf teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.0.13.4.tar.bz2 (change the name according to your file)
    52ae145dc0.png
  6. You are done! You may restart your server now :) ./ts3server_startscript.sh start
    e15f792108.png
I don't know why i love you :p
You make everything
simple and easy:D

Rikku

Contributor
Sep 14, 2015
There was a 1st Beta at the 16.06.2017 but this Alpha had too many bugs. :(

jeka

Jul 16, 2016
Hi everyone. help please, worked as a server all is well, but customers with version 2.0 can't come to me, server version - was version 3,0,18,read the guide to update, did not help me, tell me I lost your server ? I want to keep using the crack.

Rikku

Contributor
Sep 14, 2015
Hi everyone. help please, worked as a server all is well, but customers with version 2.0 can't come to me, server version - was version 3,0,18,read the guide to update, did not help me, tell me I lost your server ? I want to keep using the crack.

They cant connect. To the old protocol of the Server

jeka

Jul 16, 2016
what do I need to do to be able to connect to the server

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

No. Just use a original Server

does this mean that using a 3,0,18 server with a crack is no longer possible ? what you need to apply to the official supply ?

Last edited: