How to setup the E-Mail verification on Xenforo?

BoTz

Apr 12, 2016
Hello,

i need help by setting up the Email-shit on xenforo.
513000.png

I don't know why i don't get any emails by this shitty software.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
If SSl port 465 isn't working, then use TLS port 587. You will be limited to 500 emails/day with normal gmail account.
If you say it's shitty, then don't use it. It's probably the best forum software out there.

BoTz

Apr 12, 2016
If SSl port 465 isn't working, then use TLS port 587. You will be limited to 500 emails/day with normal gmail account.
If you say it's shitty, then don't use it. It's probably the best forum software out there.
SSL with port 465 doesn't work and TLS with port 587 also doesn't work. Are you sure that i can use a normal googlemail account?
btw i wasn't serious when i said "xenforo is shit" i'm just a little bit pissed cuz i'm too retarded to setup the email verification :(

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015

BoTz

Apr 12, 2016
I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I'm using my own mailserver due to google thinking i've been hacked and restricting access to my gmail account from my server. If this happens, you only have to unblock it and allow it.

https://support.mailpoet.com/knowledgebase/sending-with-gmail-doesnt-work/
639951.png

000964.png

Do you see any mistakes?
The E-Mail account doesn't send me any E-Mail like "your new login on linux" or something like that. Do you think my hoster is blocking something?

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Test the email sending with administrative contacts. If it's not working, like an auth issue, it will be posted in your xenforo admin panel. That's the best I can do to help you, because I've stopped using gmail because of issues that it would bring me. (I don't think they approve the use of gmails accounts for automated messages due to them blocking me a couple of times till I got fed up)

MrKek

Mar 15, 2016
You need to Activate SMTP and IMAP/POP3 for Google Mail Accounts! Ask google how to Connect with an External E-Mail Program to Gmail.

Reactions: Pim

BoTz

Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for your help! I fixed it. I just needed to activate the option "allow unsecure apps"

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Thanks for your help! I fixed it. I just needed to activate the option "allow unsecure apps"
The appropriate/proper solution to that is using TLS/SSL for your emails. That's kind of a pain in the ass though unfortunately. :cool:

Especially if you move around/migrate to different mailing providers often using them as SMTP relays.

Pim

Sep 27, 2015
You need to Activate SMTP and IMAP/POP3 for Google Mail Accounts! Ask google how to Connect with an External E-Mail Program to Gmail.
Hi @BoTz just follow what he said, thats the thing i did on my xenforo forum :).