Tutorial Hosting Providers List [DDoS Protection, Always Updated, More Info]

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
well i moved to living-bots - First Colo and since i am happy.

For ts3 i use living-bots
For game server. soyoustart

happy and satisfied :)

Apr 19, 2016
Read it last year, let me find it somewhere.
i really doubt that is related to our DDoS Protection as we launched it on March 2016.
You and @sa7er are referring to a 2 years old and outdated DDoS scheme, where you pay based on size attacks.

This is why i was surprised reading your comment and the "vote" given by @sa7er

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
i really doubt that is related to our DDoS Protection as we launched it on March 2016.
You and @sa7er are referring to a 2 years old and outdated DDoS scheme, where you pay based on size attacks.

This is why i was surprised reading your comment and the "vote" given by @sa7er

Ah, that explains it. Well considering that review is from 2013, I shouldve known better.

The cloudserver range looks pretty good to be honest. Is the anti-ddos same for both VPS and Dedi? Also why is always-on IP more expensive than reactive? Is there a difference between 100mbps and 1gbps port when using your protection?

Apr 19, 2016
AlwaysON is costly because protection is istantly. For example on ts3 you will not get any disconnection (even the attack bypass the filters and we will work to update them to aboid that will create new trouble). In addition customers can ask the geoIP filtering, country & ip blocking and you're under packet validation mode. I mean, if you use standard port you get packet validation 24/24 7/7 that will save you from application layer attacks not detected by sensors https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?.../72/ddos-seguard-custom-port-list-protection/
Protection is the same for all service Dedicated, VPS, Cloud etc. On ts3 you will not get real benefit switching from 100mbps to 1gbps, even vaste your money :)

For protection please consider only Milan locations that france not work good with application attacks on games

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
So unlike OVH and Voxility, with Seflow there is no chance that the 1-5% of the bad traffic that leaks through the filter would fill up that 100mbps port? Because blazingfast recommended me to upgrade to 1000mbps port for this very reason with a small TS3 server. But during the attacks, packet loss was so high anyway, that I ditched them after 2 months.

Apr 19, 2016
if protection work well you will never saturate the 100mbps port. I mean if you got 100Mbps (or similar) saturated upgrade should be done on filter level not on customer uplink. For example @Datalow received an attack today and part of bad traffic bypassed the filters. We have a dump of every attacks and updated the filters.

In my opinion upgrade customer uplink is never an option, but, is my opinion.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
if protection work well you will never saturate the 100mbps port. I mean if you got 100Mbps (or similar) saturated upgrade should be done on filter level not on customer uplink. For example @Datalow received an attack today and part of bad traffic bypassed the filters. We have a dump of every attacks and updated the filters.

In my opinion upgrade customer uplink is never an option, but, is my opinion.

did his ts3 went down ?

Apr 19, 2016
i think no, but i suspect he had packet loss for first 20-30 seconds, time for dynamic filters to update the rules with new pattern. Now same attack will not cause packet loss anymore as the filter already know that booter and know how to fight. (like a body with sickness)

Datalow

May 17, 2016
For example @Datalow received an attack today and part of bad traffic bypassed the filters. We have a dump of every attacks and updated the filters.

Yes thats true.
2 Hours later Seflow send me a E-Mail that they have updated the filters to avoid any further attacks.
The server was not down during this attack.

As you can see they're really fast in adjusting filters.
I'm hosting a Ts3 Community with about 4500 Users online (at the same time).
Seflow is the perfect solution for me.

i think no, but i suspect he had packet loss for first 20-30 seconds, time for dynamic filters to update the rules with new pattern. Now same attack will not cause packet loss anymore as the filter already know that booter and know how to fight. (like a body with sickness)

There was a short paket loss and ~ 50 users of 1500 got a short disconnect.
But after ~1 minute everything was fine again.

Last edited:

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Yes thats true.
2 Hours later Seflow send me a E-Mail that they have updated the filters to avoid any further attacks.
The server was not down during this attack.

As you can see they're really fast in adjusting filters.
I'm hosting a Ts3 Community with about 4500 Users online (at the same time).
Seflow is the perfect solution for me.

Would you mind sending me your TS3 IP on PM? want to check it out.

ixM7MDz

CipherSpeak Developer
Jan 29, 2016
I can give anyone my IP Because i don't let anyone handle it to me , I handle it by myself :cool:

DDoSBoy

May 11, 2016
Thanks for SeFlow support and i am really glad to see the good reviews and stories been relayed about it, i've edited their rate on my document and will be updating it soon.