Help: iptables

einmalaccount

Aug 18, 2016
Hey,
I want to protect my server a little bit and wondered if anyone of you can help me.
On my server I'm hosting several teamspeak servers, webinterface and a (not working yet) mailserver shortly sumed up.
I'm now looking for a nice solution which works with drop policy and limit the requests per seconds. Maybe also detect and open the ports needed by the teamspeak, otherwise I would have to work with variables, because sometimes I add/delete server.

Thank you

...and I'm German btw :)

NoXx

Apr 24, 2016
Hey,
I want to protect my server a little bit and wondered if anyone of you can help me.
On my server I'm hosting several teamspeak servers, webinterface and a (not working yet) mailserver shortly sumed up.
I'm now looking for a nice solution which works with drop policy and limit the requests per seconds. Maybe also detect and open the ports needed by the teamspeak, otherwise I would have to work with variables, because sometimes I add/delete server.

Thank you

...and I'm German btw :)
Hol dir keinen Rootserver wenn du nicht über das nötige Wissen verfügst. Du haftest als Inhaber für den Server und wenn du mit solchen Fragen kommst, bin ich mir sehr sicher, dass dein Server nicht genügend abgesichert wurde. Diesbezüglich könnte er jederzeit von einem Botnet/Blackhat übernommen und für illegale Dinge benutzt werden.

For my fellow friends:
You shouldn't manage a dedicated server if you don't have the knowledge about securing it with today's protections. I assume that your server could be hijacked by a botnet/blackhat and used for illegal activities at any time right now.