HAPROXY or NGINX DDoS Protection Review

swarmdeco

Feb 27, 2016
This is a benchmark of sorts:
Clearly, you can see that NGINX holds up like a beast. HAPROXY is pretty nice too, but if you're focused on running a wicked fast and stable website I would place my bets on NGINX and having a decent network infrastructure.

Read this for more information: https://www.nginx.com/blog/mitigating-ddos-attacks-with-nginx-and-nginx-plus/
Great video! I did really like the background music hahah made me laugh.

I do agree with you, NGINX is my main choice on all my installation. Light, stable and powerful, what else do you need? There's a lot of Apache-fans and I understand, it may be the first webserver that you installed by yourself (I'm looking at you LAMP!), and don't get me wrong, apache is great but unnecessary powerful sometimes...
  • Apache: A big gigantic nuclear bomb (GNB) capable of destroy an entire continent
  • NGINX: A light missile capable of destroy a tank but with a proper configuration and tweak capable of destroy a continent
Where I'm going with this, yeah? You can use the GNB all the time and it's going to work...but it's a waste of resource/effort if you want to destroy an small car.

- Swarm!

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Well nginx! You are able to do everything you want to mitigate layer 7 ddos attacks and simply block common ones (wordpress, joomla, ghp etc.) in 6 lines. When ever you receive an attack on apache, change to nginx and setup everything. You will never get any problems.

swarmdeco

Feb 27, 2016
Quick tip: How to improve Apache Security?
Disable it and install Nginx :D

tumblr_inline_mhqg1gDLNy1qz4rgp_zpsc8f0fe3d.jpg~c200