Google gonna buy discord

nutellazpw

Jan 9, 2019
Tweets circulate the stories that the google buys the discord.
Google still not notify players about that , but GDC Conference is currently underway.

If is that true,this is good for teamspeak users :D
Google is horrible as social and has killed almost every product in that area.

Twitter status

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Why are you posting 6 months old twitter tweets :rolleyes:

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
Hhahah Discord is not bad at all, TeamSpeak is dying because of their own stupidity.
Google buying Discord is something really bad, maybe you don't understand what impact it does, not because it will be bad but Google is not really known for privacy of their users.
Think abot that few times:rolleyes:

Google has huge hardware capacity and its capable of recording everything going on and keeping it for all sorts of things. I wouldn't feel safe using Discord in that case.
In TeamSpeak's case, you can do whatever you want on your server and delete every bit of it from everyones eyes when you are finished, isn't that cool?

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Google has huge hardware capacity and its capable of recording everything going on and keeping it for all sorts of things. I wouldn't feel safe using Discord in that case.
Uhm? Discord is literally doing this already, if you thought discord stopped saving our data because they're uncapable of - you're very very VERY wrong.

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
Uhm? Discord is literally doing this already, if you thought discord stopped saving our data because they're uncapable of - you're very very VERY wrong.

As expected, but still I think Google is far worse.