Fastpipe.io Cloud SSD [combahton]

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
I just purchased this . i just have issues my users cannot connect to team speak says not responding?

can someone please assist.

Note: i dont have iptables rules

DDOS setting is set to dynamic
DDOS setting for layer 7 is deactivated.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Ok so its working now i am not sure how but now everyone can connect to the team speak.

U

User_38581

Even tho' their protection looks good, their support time is kinda shit, only working days and only from 9 a.m - 6 p.m..Thats big minus.

They offer 24/7 support for 100€, and for that you can buy almost 2 Dedi's on their site.

I think good, fast, and responsible support is very important

fourwind

Apr 21, 2019
Well.. you buy a vserver for like <10 bucks.. what the fuck do you expect ? If they even work for you 10 minutes a month its allready a minus profit for you as a customer.. You want support? pay the price.

Sry but all this price dumping shit makes me angry.
Some people always want best protection, best uptime and best support for 5 bucks..

The less a customer is willing to pay, the more they want.. thats something i learned long time ago.

Even tho' their protection looks good, their support time is kinda shit, only working days and only from 9 a.m - 6 p.m..Thats big minus.

U

User_38581

Well.. you buy a vserver for like <10 bucks.. what the fuck do you expect ? If they even work for you 10 minutes a month its allready a minus profit for you as a customer.. You want support? pay the price.

Sry but all this price dumping shit makes me angry.
Some people always want best protection, best uptime and best support for 5 bucks..

The less a customer is willing to pay, the more they want.. thats something i learned long time ago.
Don't run of the topic, no one sells vps for 5€ and has 100€ 24/7 support.
I know when someone sells servers over 100€ and has 100€ support, but not 5€

And I didn't wrote about quality of support, then time of active support please read what I wrote, and don't seek for attention

fourwind

Apr 21, 2019
Its not off topic nor did i start it.
I also never said that there is somebody that provides 24/7 for 5€ (thats exactly is the point im trying to say.. - wtf?)

You said that there support times are shit (for the price) which is simply not true.

So aggain: you want 24/7 support? Pay the price and dont drag a provider down for not having 24/7 support for 5€ vps.

Don't run of the topic, no one sells vps for 5€ and has 100€ 24/7 support.
I know when someone sells servers over 100€ and has 100€ support, but not 5€

And I didn't wrote about quality of support, then time of active support please read what I wrote, and don't seek for attention

U

User_38581

Its not off topic nor did i start it.
I also never said that there is somebody that provides 24/7 for 5€ (thats exactly is the point im trying to say.. - wtf?)

You said that there support times are shit (for the price) which is simply not true.

So aggain: you want 24/7 support? Pay the price and dont drag a provider down for not having 24/7 support for 5€ vps.
So its not his server or what if he won't accept support?

U

User_38581

You're saying that someone with 5€ server isn't important as someone with 80€ server, do you hear yourself?
It doesn't matter how much server costs, its his server even if server 1€ costs and he is responsible for it

fourwind

Apr 21, 2019
You're saying that someone with 5€ server isn't important as someone with 80€ server, do you hear yourself?
It doesn't matter how much server costs, its his server even if server 1€ costs and he is responsible for it

Dude, exactly this is the case, thats how a basic business works. You think you get the best prices or support for a customer who never bought anything from you or only in low ammounts?
Obviously YOU ARE more valuable to a company if you pay more. And obviously you DO GET better support if you pay more.

Support is releated to the service you buy.

And this is nothing big to be conserned about or to mug a company for. If you pay nearly nothing (lets say a 5€ vps) for a company and they still offer you great support then its nothing but pure calculation that other customers dont need as much as you. But dont EXPECT for 5€ that you get treatet like a first class customer, since youre simply not.

Last edited:

justarena

Mar 29, 2016
Fastpipe:

ZCBQSBX.png

rVxr7ux.png

Hetzner 2.5 euro vps

xJyWpoB.png

nGfPcSi.png

Their servers crap.

1. CPU performance - oversold
  2. SSD performance - oversold
  3. I/O - very slow, like on crap SSD, or oversold SSD with a lot of users on it
  4. Network not stable
  5. The whole feeling from the provider - very bad. Even located in the EU I feel a lot of delays while trying sometimes to use their services or manage a VPS through ssh.

• I even asked several times to replace my VPS - and the performance the same on all nodes.
  • A bench of CPU: 300-350-400-450 points (any vultr or named above VPSes have 700-1000-1200-1400)
  • IO for SSD: 500-10k (vary) (vultr or any named above: 55k+, some 70k, some 90k)
  • SSD speed: 100-130MB, and looks like for me like an SSD-cached HDD while it is offered as an SSD drive.
  • Without many CPU flags like AES which make a problem for encryption and add more overhead to CPU with ssls, or any encryption.

DDoS protection average and can be shut-down easy by attacking their core routers (and I received such attacks against my project in past, in a day when I did launch a project, and whole their provider for several hours in a day and in time when I launched my project - was offline). They said it's incident somewhere but not with them, while it's a pure lie.

I can't recommend the provider. Hetzner or ovh, or ramnode, or vultr, or do, or anything else will do better for serving content to your customers because of better performance (greatly better)

Last edited:

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
explain why u cannot recommend? just becuz of that stats above and your bad exp . i am using for Team Speak 3 and its working very well.

justarena

Mar 29, 2016
explain why u cannot recommend?
I can't recommend the provider. Hetzner or ovh, or ramnode, or vultr, or do, or anything else will do better for serving content to your customers because of better performance (greatly better)

DDoS protection average and can be shut-down easy by attacking their core routers (and I received such attacks against my project in past, in a day when I did launch a project, and whole their provider for several hours in a day and in time when I launched my project - was offline). They said it's incident somewhere but not with them, while it's a pure lie.

This is NOT ssd.
This is NOT latest or even 2013 year CPU, it seems like 2009-2010 CPU's (XEONS from ebay / aliexpress)
They advertise they-self as a good provider and lie a lot from the front page.
No, they're definitely crap.
Here are unixscore results from 2012
As you see, the processors used in this test from 2010-2009 year.
And like I said - the results from unixbench from there for example - the same as current results in 2019 (after 7 years).
No, sorry, for anything serious this is will not work. Plus for sure this is just thread, not a core. And even funny for me - overused thread.

U

User_38581

They have new node where they currently deploy on, which has 3,3 GHz

Updated from them today

combahton_jh

Jun 10, 2019
This is NOT ssd.
This is NOT latest or even 2013 year CPU, it seems like 2009-2010 CPU's (XEONS from ebay / aliexpress)
They advertise they-self as a good provider and lie a lot from the front page.
No, they're definitely crap.
Here are unixscore results from 2012
As you see, the processors used in this test from 2010-2009 year.
And like I said - the results from unixbench from there for example - the same as current results in 2019 (after 7 years).
No, sorry, for anything serious this is will not work. Plus for sure this is just thread, not a core. And even funny for me - overused thread.

Hi Joseph from fastpipe.io here - glad to clarify what we really use for our SSD Cloud Servers :cool:

Our SSD Nodes consist of HP WS460c Gen8 / BL460c Gen8 and BL460c Gen9. CPUs are E5v2, E5v3, E5v4 - SSDs are mostly from Sandisk, Samsung or Crucial (two different vendors per Node).

Ram is overall 12x 16GB or 16x 16GB DDR3/DDR4 ECC - we do buy them in packages of nearly hundred sticks per delivery. Connectivity is done with HP Flex-10 modules by 2x 10Gbit per physical node, each bladecenter has at least 2x 10Gbit to our routers.

The following is a recent photo from one of our bladecenters in Frankfurt, at our FFM2 site:

62478840_26265940006992k9z.jpg

As you can see, two ssd drives per server, no old server hardware from 2009 or so. It wouldnt even make sense to operate such old hardware, as we would pay nearly the triple for power usage as for the hardware shown on the picture. We do around 3,6kW power draw per full loaded bladecenter. I remember the time quite well, when we did the same with eight servers. Nowadays it's not longer reasonable to operate servers which draw 400-500W load for a fraction of the processing power of newer ones.

Our physical nodes are monitored closely via both Icinga2 and Grafana. We dont do overselling and let at least ~15-25% of spare ressources available on every node. To do so, our automated deployment choses a node depending on how much cpu, memory and storage resources it has. This happens once you have added money to your customer account and your server is provisioned. The below image represents the recent load from one of our nodes (20 E5 Cores - Dual CPU, 192GB Ram, 2x 2TB SSD - Hardware Raid 1 with 1GB Cache + BBU):

Nearly 80% overall load, no IOWait and much available sparse ressources :)

If you have experienced a bad performance, it can be related to a running backup which is done overnight. We do use snapshot based backups, which do copy-on-write. Means your server does not need to be shutdown and it's data is "replicated" on our backup infrastructure in real-time. You can simply turn off backups in our customer area and do them on your own.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Our physical nodes are monitored closely via both Icinga2 and Grafana.
You are amazing sir, thank you for coming to our forum and I would like to try Combahton sometime. Perhaps I will sign up and make a test server. Would you mind me running benchmarks - if I want a solid performance server is there a certain package/selection I should go for?