EPEffects

Apr 23, 2016
Hello! ;)
I saw a Post on this Forum featuring an interface for teamspeak, which allow's the user to create permanent channels on a teamspeak through a serverquery. I tried out the script and figured out following problems:
  1. Users can create infinite permanent channels (spam)
  2. You can steal the identity of VIP users to create a permanent channel as guest
Now the script lost it's reason, because you could give your users the permission to create a channel on their own.

Now I got the solution for this Problem!

Download:

I developed a new method to create channels through a webinterface, which is secure and check's, if the user, which is trying to create a channel own's the right group to do it! The bot now:
  1. Checks if the user is the owner of a channel (If the user has already created a channel, the bot won't allow the user to create another one)
  2. Checks if the user used a secure password (It blocks easy passwords like 1234 asdf etc...)
  3. Checks if the user didn't use any crash codes in the description / channel Name (for example %CHANNEL_NAME%)
If you found any bugs, report them as an issue on github!
Installation and Configuration tutorial on Github!

Do you know any other common, unsecure passwords? Comment them down here!

jarmenso

Aug 2, 2016
3ca055084c194fa79ba5179f06050017.png

EPEffects

Apr 23, 2016
What about getting the clients uid through his ip instead of parsing it though a get?
I thought about it, but what's about handling muli identities! Also if there are siblings, who live in the same house, then there would be a problem...

U

User_2092

The verification step would be a nice idee and what i would prefer is that you can set in a possible array of servergroups who can create a channel not only one group and how many channels they can create in order of a sub channel. :)

U

User_2092

mhm i sett it up but i get all the time the same erros message "You are not a real User! and than my uuid"

EPEffects

Apr 23, 2016
mhm i sett it up but i get all the time the same erros message "You are not a real User! and than my uuid"
Yeah.. That means, the uuid of you doesn't fit to your ip... Go on github, add this as an issue and i can help you fix it ;)