default licence 2020

LeiToH

Dec 22, 2016
teamspeak was updated and in the changes they said this
### Changed
- Default license is valid until the 1st of July 2020.

what license are you talking about I don't understand

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Default license is valid until the 1st of July 2020.
They are probably getting rid of free licensing altogether. Sounds to me like they keep struggling to make money? The original 32 slots free will probably be taken away.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
my friends license was expired few days ago. And no more renewal. which means END has come and now they even rejecting sponsorship license and want people to buy which my friend did since he was forced by his own users.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
We are basically doomed, TeamSpeak's free days are gone and most people will abandon their paid VoIP platform. There simply are free alternatives: Discord and Mumble.

i think the project created by R4p3 user Teaspeak should progress by now?

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
After Server version 3.1 if you remember they made a lisence for the default slots and it's registered as anonymous.
So this lisence has an expiration date like every other npl/sponsored/aal. They updated the free lisence until next summer as it was about to end at winter 2019.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
right. so that means if people are on low budget like me they can move to teaspeak or discord LOL :)

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
i see 32 slots okay after my non license expire in jan 2020 i will use discord only becasue i cant pay 110 USD for 200 slots and they always reject my sponsorship they want big players thats why.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
if people are on low budget like me
Discord, Mumble, or TeamSpeak are appropriate options. The one you mentioned is just TeamSpeak reverse engineered and they claim it is free but charge for their licensing anyways.

In the simplest ways, they are basically amateur game hackers that got mad at us for not advertising their website for free all the time (also, you kind of are doing that as many of their users tend to).

The majority of their platform is developed by talent stolen from the R4P3 community too.

Instead of unite and build our security/development community together, they chose to go "Schism" route and divide apart from us.

Do me a favor and Google "or you become lawyer after they kick you from r4p3". An example of their simple-minded thinking is demonstrated by them arguing "We have not stolen software."

They literally took TeamSpeak's protocol apart and built it over at least 4 months or longer (and it was STILL full of bugs and crashes). That is a lot of time to spend rebuilding TeamSpeak's server platform, they basically had machine instructions to do that.

I would not use their platform nor support their community because they have privatized information we freely shared with them and helped them in many ways such as allowing them to build their team.

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
i see 32 slots okay after my non license expire in jan 2020 i will use discord only becasue i cant pay 110 USD for 200 slots and they always reject my sponsorship they want big players thats why.
I don't think they want Big Teams & Players. I have my own community and we are about 70 people. Way back that npl still existed i got the NPL. I guess that if i still apply and ask for the new one i will get it but personally i am too lazy for that. I am fine with that lisense for now.
Anyway, Just tell them the reason why you want them as sponsor. A good reason will give you that lisense,

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Discord, Mumble, or TeamSpeak are appropriate options. The one you mentioned is just TeamSpeak reverse engineered and they claim it is free but charge for their licensing anyways.

In the simplest ways, they are basically amateur game hackers that got mad at us for not advertising their website for free all the time (also, you kind of are doing that as many of their users tend to).

The majority of their platform is developed by talent stolen from the R4P3 community too.

Instead of unite and build our security/development community together, they chose to go "Schism" route and divide apart from us.

Do me a favor and Google "or you become lawyer after they kick you from r4p3". An example of their simple-minded thinking is demonstrated by them arguing "We have not stolen software."

They literally took TeamSpeak's protocol apart and built it over at least 4 months or longer (and it was STILL full of bugs and crashes). That is a lot of time to spend rebuilding TeamSpeak's server platform, they basically had machine instructions to do that.

I would not use their platform nor support their community because they have privatized information we freely shared with them and helped them in many ways such as allowing them to build their team.

you are referring to TeaSpeak or Tea'm'SPeak ? lil confused

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
That would be awesome, I would excitedly encourage the development of Discord plugins here.

that would allow people to stay updated in topics also why not give a digest like magazine preview on all emails? this way more people will come and forum will be up2date with users everywhere topics topics posts posts.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
I agree, we especially need an email digest - yes. I will look to add this! :)

this would allow guys who work in office to go home and check forums .. it will make everyone to atleast post something good for community. The more people share knowledge the more it will be fruitful for us as users. we appreciate everyone to atleast post something usefull.

Fadex

Aug 30, 2017
TeamSpeak is changing everything only to get more money. In November 2018 they blocked my NPL license, because as support said I had shop on website. I didn't have any shop or VIP ranks, I asked them for any proof. They answered that they did all what they could. Then I asked about NPL rules and I told them that they are making everything to get money and I still have no answer and ticket is still opened. Anyway, I know that they are rejecting almost all sponsorship licenses now. All the time the problem of rejecting is "reason", reason why you want sponsorship license. In my opinion someone from TS team thought, that "we gave many many sponsorship licenses and we have no profit. Just change it! Stop giving licenses and sell only commercial ones". It is real TeamSpeak policy.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
TeamSpeak is changing everything only to get more money. In November 2018 they blocked my NPL license, because as support said I had shop on website. I didn't have any shop or VIP ranks, I asked them for any proof. They answered that they did all what they could. Then I asked about NPL rules and I told them that they are making everything to get money and I still have no answer and ticket is still opened. Anyway, I know that they are rejecting almost all sponsorship licenses now. All the time the problem of rejecting is "reason", reason why you want sponsorship license. In my opinion someone from TS team thought, that "we gave many many sponsorship licenses and we have no profit. Just change it! Stop giving licenses and sell only commercial ones". It is real TeamSpeak policy.

i agree with you friend but things are not right like the way we want. But we do have discord where you can communicate and have voice chat .