[Cracking WPA2 1/2] Capturing the Handshake

How many times did you need to run the capture/deauth command?

• Once only!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between two and five times.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Between five and ten times.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between ten and fifty times.

• It didn't work (I was too far from the target)

• Total voters

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
ok capturing HANDSHAKE done... but u know the HANDSHAKE only can be cracked using bruteforce... using a text library... i use a 1tb txt library and after 4 days, i no get the pass.
Then your neighbors clearly know a thing about security, and you can go tell them well done. (Which was the purpose of my post, to see if *your* wifi is secure"

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Yes. As mentioned in the second post :)
Just because he wasn't able to bruteforce the password in 4 days doesnt necessary means its secure.
I've heard about people renting processing power (AWS GPU clusters instances) to bruteforce faster.

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Pricy but worth it because of it being WAY faster. But would be useless to rent this unless you have really malicious intents and your neighbor is Trump.
Trump is a good guy compared to my president ;)

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
Theres a good library around the internet having a good % of chance?
I can wait a week to brute force the pass... but i think is very critical have a good library. I try to make some by my own but including som rare characters, starting from 6 to 23 i get almos 25gb.txt

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Theres a good library around the internet having a good % of chance?
I can wait a week to brute force the pass... but i think is very critical have a good library. I try to make some by my own but including som rare characters, starting from 6 to 23 i get almos 25gb.txt
I'm currently working on this with a friend. It can generate passwords, speed is still average but working on that. https://gitlab.com/hv-joolitt/ZeroPasswordGenerator - It generates a password list based off the person's information.

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
nice.. thats im talking about.. very nice men... later on im gonna try to share some libraries here, probably somebody have a Neighbour with low security and the .txt become useful.