Can they access my server?

farway06

Jul 22, 2019
I accidentally downloaded a ready installation script to the server (with wget) for Sinusbot Then I deleted the script from the server, but A folder containing the name of the script is installed in the main folder. I deleted this folder I changed the server password Can the script owner access my server?

E

ewenjo

Most likely not, if the script is unofficial and from an untrusted source you cannot be a 100% sure it's safe. Post it here, so we can take a look at it.

skill1917

Sep 14, 2015
I like your security awareness. If you only downloaded the script and never ran it then there is no way in hell that could give anyone access to your server. Really the only way I can think of is some sort of 0-day in wget/curl.

NatureNMoon

Restricted
Jul 8, 2016
Which command line did you use for downloading the script, send it here.
Have you ever run the script in your server?

and send the script here if it is open source such as perl script, .c file...

farway06

Jul 22, 2019
Which command line did you use for downloading the script, send it here.
Have you ever run the script in your server?

and send the script here if it is open source such as perl script, .c file...

1.wget
2.no

Script : wget regnum.ga/regnum
Script 2 : wget ts3.expert/ts3expert

Last edited:

NatureNMoon

Restricted
Jul 8, 2016
1.wget
2.no

Script : wget regnum.ga/regnum
Script 2 : wget ts3.expert/ts3expert
These are not open source. You shouldn't use them in your servers. I just quickly checked the files by using decoders. It seems it is okay but I am not sure, because I couldn't decode 100%. It was like 40%. I suggest you to use open source files such as .sh .pl...

I think your security is okay. Just go ahead. It is all about running the virus files. You told me that you didn't run them, so there is nothing to worry about.