BuyVM VPS review

After this review, would you consider buying a VPS at BuyVM?

• Total voters

swain

Sep 18, 2016
Going against what you guys are saying and giving it a try, I don't get Attacked much so lets hope :oops:

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Going against what you guys are saying and giving it a try, I don't get Attacked much so lets hope :oops:
There are a lot of better alternatives, if you are from north america there is extraVM by example that are very professional and good according to my experience. Just don't give money to buyVM.

jsebean

Apr 24, 2016
BuyVM seems to have okay VPS plans with their dedicated KVM slices, but if you're getting one with DDoS protection don't hold your breath, OVH protection seems to be the only worthy affordable contender (including extraVM... who I have VPS with as well and works great!). I had VPSes from BuyVM in all of their North American locations on both KVM slices and OpenVZ and the same constant packet loss and random dropped connections happened irrespective of location when you're not under attack occurred. All along with the crummy network speed when using the DDoS protected IP's gateway. Had this just been one VM I would have ticketed in (and I did) but there didn't seem to be much get up to fix it, but since they all experienced the same issues I'm not wasting my time in tickets when other providers do a far better job and work "out of the box" if you will.

If you just want a VPS without protection the slices seems to make sense if a Western location works for you... I didn't have any issues with it in that regard. They are phasing out their OpenVZ plans eventually according to what Fran told me on twitter, so those plans are eventually coming east to Virginia for anyone interested, but don't expect flawless network performance on their $3 "protected" IPs.

Cynical

Mar 22, 2017
I just want to say here, I realize this thread is dead, but it should be noted. I was with BuyVM for about 2 years just to host extra server stuff, not my main server but stuff for testing, music bots, backups, ect, and I would never ever recommend it. The support is a joke and they arent flexible at all. I didnt have any really bad experiences with Francisco (the owner) as some have had. But pretty much everyone else I dealt with was poor. They even deleted all my VPS data after being 5 days late. (I payed on time for 2 years!!!) I just really wouldn't recommend this host to anyone. Look elsewhere for Voxility protection.

U

User_38581

They even deleted all my VPS data after being 5 days late
Saying BuyVM is bad because your server was deleted because you didn't pay for your server? Hm. If they're using (probably are) automated provision system then your server will be deleted automatically if you don't pay it on time, and 5 days is a lot comparing some hosts.

Cynical

Mar 22, 2017
Saying BuyVM is bad because your server was deleted because you didn't pay for your server? Hm. If they're using (probably are) automated provision system then your server will be deleted automatically if you don't pay it on time, and 5 days is a lot comparing some hosts.

Id love to see another host with actual colo access that has a similar policy. To completely wipe a box for this is absurd and frankly the unprofessional response is even more unsettling. It is very clear from the get-go that you are dealing with an unprofessional company and this is a prime example.