Banner Rotation via PHP Framework?

xRaid

Sep 20, 2015
Hi,

is it possible to use the Teamspeak 3 PHP Framework to change the TS3 banner and the associated link every x seconds?
i will use this feature for some advertisement on our teamspeak server

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Hi,

is it possible to use the Teamspeak 3 PHP Framework to change the TS3 banner and the associated link every x seconds?
i will use this feature for some advertisement on our teamspeak server
You can use RBMod for that.

Nov 7, 2015
You have two options:
  1. Set the banner via ServerQuery. Every change will be logged in the global server chat. This could be potentially spammy and / or clog the logs. Also note that you would need to have the script running indefinitely or setup something like a cron job. Because you're requiring a PHP solution, I'm assuming you're using a free hoster, so this will get ugly.
  2. Reduce the GFX interval to 60 seconds (lowest possible setting) and have a HTTP server dynamically serve different images under the same address.
Both can be achieved with PHP (or most other languages) fairly easily. If possible, I would choose the second way, so you don't spam your own logs. However, if you need a timing interval under 60 seconds or need "dynamic" timing (like in reaction to events), you'd have to go with option one.

The tool Bluescream mentioned could do that, but only exists for Perl afaik. It's a solid tool, but I personally dislike it. Depending on which option you choose, you'll find various PHP libraries at your disposal.

If you have your own VPS, I'd suggest using a leaner and more suitable language. What exactly do you need to do? Generate dynamic images (e.g. the current time as text) or do you just need to rotate through a set of images?