[AW3]Found a new "Text-Editor"

After this, did you still use Notepade ++ ?

• Total voters

0vert1m3

Oct 4, 2015
4aLzEJz.png

Homepage : https://atom.io/

Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file.

Cross-platform editing
Atom works across operating systems. You can use it on OS X, Windows, or Linux.

Built-in package manager
Search for and install new packages or start creating your own—all from within Atom.

Smart autocompletion
Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete.

File system browser
Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.

Multiple panes
Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.

Find and replace
Find, preview, and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects.

And much much more

Im using Atom since 2 Weeks now, mostly for writing python and i really like how easy and great its feels to programming with Atom.

What's your opinion?

Last edited:

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Seems cool and i'm going to try it. But the most important thing for me is if you can hack it so it doesn't force font smoothing.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
FYI Atom has analytics built-in. It's more of a liability than a text editor.

Yolo

Jan 10, 2016
is very nice , because i can see from program the structure... but i think Notepad ++ is more lighter :p and have a white theme

0vert1m3

Oct 4, 2015
Seems cool and i'm going to try it. But the most important thing for me is if you can hack it so it doesn't force font smoothing.
U can change all the font, color , size.. 100% hackable

CgZ045z.png

VVxWExH.png

0vert1m3

Oct 4, 2015
is very nice , because i can see from program the structure... but i think Notepad ++ is more lighter :p and have a white theme
Yea but u can install plugins for better syntax and auto comp my plugins for python :

MagicPython
atom-runner
autocomplete-python
highligt-line
hyperclick
language-sql-mysql
linter
pigments
python-indent
python-isort

And the Theme, for this u can use https://atom.io/themes/one-light-ui :D

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
I use Jetbrains products for my work. They have everything i need no plugins needed, unless its specifics like some framework helper.
Also who uses notepad++ that editor is soo shit.

but i use PHPStorm and DataGrip and i can pump out PHP apps ez.
i dont need to install syntax highlighters, auto completetion, refactoring or Snippets.

Want to learn how to use phpstorm? https://laracasts.com/series/how-to-be-awesome-in-phpstorm/

0vert1m3

Oct 4, 2015
I use Jetbrains products for my work. They have everything i need no plugins needed, unless its specifics like some framework helper.
Also who uses notepad++ that editor is soo shit.

but i use PHPStorm and DataGrip and i can pump out PHP apps ez.
i dont need to install syntax highlighters, auto completetion, refactoring or Snippets.

Want to learn how to use phpstorm? https://laracasts.com/series/how-to-be-awesome-in-phpstorm/

If u dont need syntax highlighters, auto completetion, refactoring or Snippets. Then why you are using phpstorm ? I know from many people thats phpstorm is a hell too use ^^ And phpstorm isnt free or opensource or hackable

Last edited:

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
If u dont need syntax highlighters, auto completetion, refactoring or Snippets. Then why you are using phpstorm ? I know from many people thats phpstorm is a hell too use ^^ And phpstorm isnt free or opensource or hackable
I think you need to re-read what I typed. Also jetbrains products are free, there are multiple methods to get they products for free directly from Jetbrains. Like the beta program, Personal / non-profit use, education license etc.

0vert1m3

Oct 4, 2015
I think you need to re-read what I typed. Also jetbrains products are free, there are multiple methods to get they products for free directly from Jetbrains. Like the beta program, Personal / non-profit use, education license etc.
Yea but isnt opensource , istn hackable , and it is only free for personal / non-profit..