About BetterDiscord

WajihHalawani

Jun 6, 2017
Hello,

So when i first visit this section about Discord, i noticed threads about BetterDiscord. And i tought i just give some tips and share my humble knowledge.

So first thing you need to know is BetterDiscord is against Discord ToS.

a Discord moderator on reddit said:
Modifying the client is against the ToS and BD is a modified client. It also introduces a lot of security risks to users' accounts due to the different plugins that are available in BD.

From another perspective, they are kinda correct. Cause some developer might use plugins and maybe themes for BD to scam you.

IMO, if you want to use BD use it at your own risk. And make sure to only install only verified plugins/themes from a good source.

And btw, using BD can get you banned, you might actually get perma banned from discord and you'll loose your account with no chance to get it back.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Fully agreed, most websites will ban users for using bots. All they have to do is pull the trigger once a client is detected.

Fennec

Jul 24, 2016
I have interacted with many people from discord staff none of them that I have been in contact with have ever stressed any kind of issues with better discord as long as it is for cosmetic changes and not doing things like embeds or self bot stuff.

The main reason they do not allow BD is because they would not be able to regulate malicious plugins that could take over accounts.

WajihHalawani

Jun 6, 2017
I have interacted with many people from discord staff none of them that I have been in contact with have ever stressed any kind of issues with better discord as long as it is for cosmetic changes and not doing things like embeds or self bot stuff.

The main reason they do not allow BD is because they would not be able to regulate malicious plugins that could take over accounts.

so you saying if i use BD to only change the theme i will have no issue?

how about one of their staff team saying it's not allowed because BD is a modified client of Discord?

Fennec

Jul 24, 2016
It is modifying the Discord client, so I am not going to say you will not get a ban, but from my experience, Discord staff does not care if you use BD.

Also, I don't think they would ban 50000 (about how many people that are on the BetterDiscord Discord server) people for trying to enhance their Discord experience.